Limp

Help Support CattleToday:

Danny42718

Reaction score
I was wandering about a calf I have it is not that old and it has a limp it seems like it cant put any weight on it what could it be ?? does anyone have any idea the person I bought it from said they did not know what happen to the calf when I bought it has no cuts on it or anything but iot does look swollen in the knee joint if anyone could help please let me know should I have it checked out by a Vet or should I just let it heel on its own or could this be really something serious but the more she walks on it the worse it seems she will put pressure onit if she has too thats about it .

Danny42718":2np52vry said:
I was wandering about a calf I have it is not that old and it has a limp it seems like it cant put any weight on it what could it be ?? does anyone have any idea the person I bought it from said they did not know what happen to the calf when I bought it has no cuts on it or anything but iot does look swollen in the knee joint if anyone could help please let me know should I have it checked out by a Vet or should I just let it heel on its own or could this be really something serious but the more she walks on it the worse it seems she will put pressure onit if she has too thats about it .

I'd get the calf up, restrain it and look at the foot and leg. Maybe it has a nail or an infected cut? Take the calf's temp and see if there's an infection. If you can't find something wrong with it, contact a vet.

more than likely it has joint ill stemming from a navel infection. you need to treat it aggressively yesterday if that is the case. sometimes you cant even really tell by looking at the navel.

do a search on here for "navel ill" and "joint ill".

Limping and a swollen knee makes me think of naval ill. I believe I would be calling my vet/taking the calf in to my vet.

Latest posts