Limousin cows

Help Support CattleToday:

Boot Jack Bulls

Reaction score
I snapped some pictures of our registered Limi girls this weekend and thought I would share since I always post my bulls. These are my mother's pride and joy ( besides the goats!) and are the results of about 20 years of selection and hard work.

This is Boot Jack Isabella. 2010 paternal sib to my Titan. The cow in front of her is Bambie, a 10 year old and the dam of the red spring born bull in the next pic.

Carrousel's Roxy. 2006 Nobel Prize daughter.
That is not her calf behind her. He's a April born out of another cow.

This is Petra, Camaro, Girly, and Lonna. Petra and Lonna are spring 2015s. Camaro will have her first calf anytime, and Girly is a second calver due with an pretty special embryo calf anytime.

Roxy was hiding this!

This is Isabella again (left), her dam Elizabeth ( red) and Chewbacca ( black). Elizabeth is my favorite cow. She is 8 and always looks great, and has an awesome udder.

This is Chewbacca again. She is showing her age and is not a typical Limi, but her first calf was the supreme bred and owned female at the 2011 state fair, and she always puts down a keeper.

Wide shot of the group heading to new grass.

And my helpers moving in hay. The pup is 3 months old and rode in the cab all day.

Her dam stayed close by me as always.

This is a LimFlex cow in my brother's commercial herd. Cow sired by Boot Jack King Louie out of a red Angus dam. Calf is about 3 days old. Sired by Boot Jack Vortec, our Nobel Prize son.

frieghttrain":2q55fmjq said:
What do you know he's herto. black. I like those red calves!
The cow and service sire are both out of red dams. It pretty much a roll of the dice whether we will get red or black out of most of our mating, unless the sire is black Angus of course. I like the reds personally.

Isabella calved a couple of days ago. Meet Miss Prissy.

And Girly delivered her ET calf on Monday morning. No name on this one yet. She is an ET we purchased from the Express Limi dispersal.

We ran all these ladies across the scale Monday since they were getting moved to new pasture. All were 1400 to 1600 pounds and are FS 6 to 7. There are just a couple left to calve in this herd.

The ET calf is an EXAR Prime star x GPFF Marquise 20k. Dam is a full sib to Blaque Rulon.
Thanks for the feedback!

Camaro calved. Nice heifer, just wish she was red! And a bull! All five in this group dropped nice big heifer calves with zero assistance.

Nice cow calf pair, I don't have much experience with Limousins but I prefer the red ones too. I am so far happy with the bull that I have.

frieghttrain":15v3w6og said:
I'm with you all the way on the red, Who's the sire?

Sire of calf is Boot Jack Michelobe. Cow is a Boot Jack Titan X Carousel Roxy. Michelobe is a Boot Jack Maxum X Boot Jack Elizabeth. This calf pretty much stacks all of our favorite cow lines and bulls all in one pedigree.