Limflex Bulls[Pics]

Help Support CattleToday:

limftw

Reaction score
Been lurking around these boards for a few months and finally decided to join in on the fun. The following pictures are some yearlings that we will sell this April. Any inputs on what you like/dislike and what everyone looks for the most in a bull would be appreciated! These guys are ran in a blue collar commercial setting... no creep, and they walk to the summer permits at around 9000ft and walk back home in the fall.

75% Limflex
GSAC87Thumb.jpg

PAP CED BW WW YW MA CEM SC Act. BW Act. WW
47 9 1.4 55 97 19 4 0.10 85 804

19% Limflex
GSAC78thumb.jpg

40 9 -0.2 47 85 28 6 76 828

44% Limflex
GSAC71thumb.jpg

41 8 -0.5 51 94 20 3 -0.05 77 758

limftw":cavygmxo said:
First bull is 75% Lim/25% Angus

Second Bull is 19% Lim/81% Angus.

Third is 44% lim/66% Angus
................................................................................................................................U might want to check on your math on that third bull... Lol

houstoncutter":1zs2wzcu said:
limftw":1zs2wzcu said:
First bull is 75% Lim/25% Angus

Second Bull is 19% Lim/81% Angus.

Third is 44% lim/66% Angus
................................................................................................................................U might want to check on your math on that third bull... Lol

Hellova bull he's giving it 110%.

NIce bulls for sure. I also like the second one. What altitude were they PAP'd at. 47 is kinda high. Where do you try to market a bull with that high a score.

Sounds like you are running them on the forrest in Colo?

A 47 PAP would be good for up to 7000 feet.

As for the 110% i realized it right after i hit submit and can't find a way to edit the post :(

We run our cattle on the Uncompaghre National Forrest. They are PAP'd in Delta, CO. I am not sure what the elevation is there.

limftw":39f687h6 said:
A 47 PAP would be good for up to 7000 feet.

As for the 110% i realized it right after i hit submit and can't find a way to edit the post :(

I had a Balancer bull last year that PAP'd a 49 @ 7500 feet. He ran at 7500 ft for a year with no ill effects.
Luckily I found a buyer for him in Neb. He is doing great there.

Do you sell your bulls private treaty or in a sale. Are you going to the Angus sale in Delta this weekend?

No, we do our own bull sale. I want to make it but we have to clip 50+ bulls this weekend. Going to exhibit those three bulls pictured above at the Ag Expo in Cortez and have 2 bulls consigned to sell there as well.

Yeah i hate PAP testing day... sometimes it seems so random. We had a bunch of SAV Final Answer sons all PAP out below 40 for us last year and that was supposed to be a bad bull for PAP scores.

I really like the looks of your bulls. Especially the second bull, but I must ask about something. You are showing EPD`s on him. Do you have registration papers showing that he is a LimFlex? The reason I am asking is because he is outside the LimFlex guidelines. To qualify for a LimFlex he must be between 25% - 75% Limousin. If you have papers could you please give us the registration number?

Circle H Ranch

I like the 3rd one best, Mr. 110%. He just looks the most "together" at this age. The other two look like they will come together as they mature, though.

Cattleman200":2nphjbim said:
I really like the looks of your bulls. Especially the second bull, but I must ask about something. You are showing EPD`s on him. Do you have registration papers showing that he is a LimFlex? The reason I am asking is because he is outside the LimFlex guidelines. To qualify for a LimFlex he must be between 25% - 75% Limousin. If you have papers could you please give us the registration number?

Circle H Ranch

You are right, cattle below 25% can't be registered as "limflex", but i'm not really sure what else i could call that cross??? We have a few ranchers around here that like to run high percentage Angus bulls so we try to keep a few around every year. So to answer the gist of your question the EPDs aren't official... they are calculated through Cattlemax.

@ MO_Cows the third bull is one of my favorites this year. Hands down one of the calmest and easiest handling bulls i have been around. The picture doesn't really do 87Y justice tho... that bull is super thick and long as a train. Maybe i will try to get some better pics, but he has been the favorite of everyone who has seen the bulls in person.