Lightweights bust thru 4 bucks!

Help Support CattleToday:

There was a few of those real light calves at the sale on Thursday. They had a tough time getting a bid on them. I did see 35 head of 450 pound black steers bring $3.37. $1,516 a head. Lots of heavy 6 weight steers at $2.70+

I sold heavy 5wts for 2.65. Not the highest though. Only a few pairs today. Hereford with hereford calves. 1200 to 1600. One black cull pair at 1850.

Forgot. I saw 550 pound steers bring $3.04. I don't remember how many head in that lot but the total weight was over 41,000 pounds.

Clicked the link but I can't see the market report without an account it looks like. I can remember being shocked at $3 a #. Can't imagine $4. I know we have dramatically low numbers at our local sale barns. Especially for this time of year.

Was watching a KY sale today, and they started selling the bottle calves by the head. 1st was a 60 lb angus bull calf, and it brought $380. Next was a 50 lb Angus heifer. Looked to be hours old, not days. She brought $441.00!!!! Next was 120 lb rwf heifer calf, Brought $287. Last was a greyish bull calf, 150-something pounds, brought $302. It didn't make sense to me.

Latest posts