Help Support CattleToday:

Keren

Reaction score
My little patch of earth, Perth, WA, Australia
Get a goat!

Cattle_253.JPG

New_Photos_082.JPG

New_Photos_279.JPG

This is Gizmo, my 2 yr old angoa wether. He was a poddy, one of quads and the doe couldn't raise all of them. So I raised one buck, a neighbour raised the other buck. He lives in the backyard with my dog and I swear he thinks he's a dog.

I reckon goats are seriously under-rated as pets. He is the smartest, most loyal animal I have ever had. Granted, I now have no garden left and have to repair the holes in my house every four or five months . . .

~

Can you make yarn out of his hair ?

Is this considered cashmere ?

That last photo should be titled:

"The TOOTH, the whole TOOTH and nothing but the Tooth...."

Keren":3u65wqeb said:
Get a goat!

Cattle_253.JPG

New_Photos_082.JPG

New_Photos_279.JPG

This is Gizmo, my 2 yr old angoa wether. He was a poddy, one of quads and the doe couldn't raise all of them. So I raised one buck, a neighbour raised the other buck. He lives in the backyard with my dog and I swear he thinks he's a dog.

I reckon goats are seriously under-rated as pets. He is the smartest, most loyal animal I have ever had. Granted, I now have no garden left and have to repair the holes in my house every four or five months . . .

He reminds me of my Angora wether, Rocky. He's around 3 now. Looks alot like yours actually, except my boy has huge horns on him.

Yeah you could say he's spoilt . . . if spoilt means ruling the roost!

CowCop, I do spin his fleeces, although towards the end of the year will be his sixth shearing and he really hasn't got the quality anymore, so I'm not sure whether I will bother. And angoras produce mohair rather than cashmere.

Bek, he has 'doe' horns, you just can't see them in the pics. He's pure south african so he was destined to have neat little horns. But I love some of the horns you can get on the old Australian angoras - make great hat racks! You will have to post a picture of Rocky one day (I had a steer called rocky once :) )

Limomike, he doesn't bark, but he does bleat on command!

Can't say I see the similarities . . . but Butters reminds me of Horace - my pet ram from school who looks just like that but a little lighter in the face. I'll try and find an old pic, but I don't have any recent photos cos Horace turned into roast Horace!

Latest posts