Let's buy a tractor.

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence

Keyboard cowboy
Reaction score
I swear this sucker if I pull the trigger will never have to build a foot of fence. Hay and planting winter oats.

Jd 5100e with 24/12 trans fel......64000

Kubota ms111 12/12 trans fel
Add a set of remotes..................75000
New holland powerstar 100 fel
No upgrades............... 60000

Any other 100 horsepower class tractors
You'd look at.

Comparing the new JD vs Kubota owners around here the Kubota ones seem to have had the best luck so far. I think the dealership has some to do with it. While the JD s are in the shop the dealer will not let them have a replacement tractor while the Kubota dealer will while they are in the shop. No experience with NH.

I thought Kioti was popular there too ?

If I had the money, I would most likely do Kubota, only cause everyone here knows the name....prolly same there, I do not get into the dealers, we call them stealerships for cars, I do my own work, so therefore pick the cheapest practical well built used items :)

I have thought about Kioti a few times

So I guess it depends on if you will sell, what the market looks for, and dealers and run costs....

I feel so special.
Dollar a day and all the water I can drink?

Sorry I'm not much help on the tractor buying..
We run old old stuff. Mechanics specials if u will.
I do get to occassionally run a newer4wd kubota.
Idk what model. But it's big enough to run a baler.
Not many problems other than it likes fuel.
Pretty good tractor I think. Left hand reverser. Push button shifter. 8 speed high and low. Nice loader. Plenty of power.

Can still get stuck tho....
Wasnt me!

We pretty much bleed green around here. The JD dealer is 4 miles away. I just bought a jd 5425 MFWD w/ a 542 ldr. It's a touch light on the rear end with a round bale on the front, but the new wheel wts showed up Monday so that should help.
On another farm we have a jd 6330 open station MFWD w/ a 673 ldr. It's the third 6000 series ldr tractor in 20years, we trade them before 6000hrs. We put between 800-1,200hrs a year on them. It's about time to trade this one. We looked at a 6105M last year to replace it, but JD is awfully proud of them.

After screwing around most of the morning trying to help the neighbor service his Mahindra, the ease of servicing your choices would have a lot to do with my decision. My older 12 year old Kubota is pretty easy.

sstterry said:
A Kubota that size and it doesn't have remotes???

Good catch council...
Only one set.
And only 8 gears standard
And much lighter than the other tractors.
I know the kubota is getting popular. But to me I see a lot of cut corners. Even compared to jd e series.

callmefence said:
sstterry said:

Good catch council...
Only one set.
I know the kubota is getting popular. But to me I see a lot of cut corners. Even compared to jd e series.

On the last Kubota I bought new I told the dealer it was sold if he would add another hydraulic spool on the stack in the deal. He delivered the tractor at no extra cost with it. On the weight does the M5 have solid cast center hubs behind. If so weight want be an issue and I would want them 4-sure (600 lbs. per wheel added). THose bells and whistle transmissions with gears/speeds galore can be nice or a money pit.

https://www.kubotausa.com/products/tractors/utility/m5

img.axd

callmefence said:
sstterry said:

Good catch council...
Only one set.

Now that you mention weight.....
That kubota in the picture is the ROUGHEST riding tractor on worked ground!! The air suspension seat helps, but idk how many times I've bounced so hard my head hits the roof

MurraysMutts said:
callmefence said:
sstterry said:

Good catch council...
Only one set.

That kubota in the picture is the ROUGHEST riding tractor on worked ground!! The air suspension seat helps, but idk how many times I've bounced so hard my head hits the roof

I'll vouch for that as well.

MurraysMutts said:
callmefence said:
sstterry said:

Good catch council...
Only one set.

I've spent many hours in a Case Maxxum 110 that is the same way. Feels like it has steel wheels, even with the suspended cab and seat. Bucks really bad on the road too.

I think it has to do with the short wheelbase. The longer the tractor, the better the ride.

Lots of these used with low hours 5100e s and M5-111 s 4-sale. If lease returns would probably be some good deals.

full_size_35862283_large_19253.jpg

5f0480e7b3a7ac316a0a1d90.jpg

Have you considered a Massey? Around here they're on the lower end of price and are good tractors. I have a 20 year old 40 hp Massey and have never had any major issues.

I would consider a MF or NH. Both have better dealerships here with better service. And they don't cost as much as that green paint. I have one of each and they have been great tractors.

MurraysMutts said:
I feel so special.
Dollar a day and all the water I can drink?

Sorry I'm not much help on the tractor buying..
We run old old stuff. Mechanics specials if u will.
I do get to occassionally run a newer4wd kubota.
Idk what model. But it's big enough to run a baler.
Not many problems other than it likes fuel.
Pretty good tractor I think. Left hand reverser. Push button shifter. 8 speed high and low. Nice loader. Plenty of power.

Can still get stuck tho....
Wasnt me!

Are the tyres worn ?

It should of gone out backward in 4wd with diff locked before it dug itself a hole you would think...if tyres good and fronts on right way...

Latest posts