Lesson Learned

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Been a pretty busy day.
Daughter has treats for her class tomorrow and I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Since the husband and son complain that there is never any for them I decided to double the recipe. Big mistake. I did my math wrong and left out a cup of flour. :oops:
They literally melted.
Had planned to make them after lunch, but ended up on a fire instead.

Learned to never try to cook or bake while really tired.
I also did my famous burn the last batch trick.

I luv herfrds":eylranob said:

What is it about that last batch of cookies? If wife is going to leave any in the oven too long it will invariably be the last batch. So that means there's no extras for the house, since she was making them for some function or for the daughter's trip back to school.

Sorry that your cookies did not turn out. My wife baked some Brownies today. Mmmmm So Good.

Half the class liked them the other half thought I couldn't cook. :lol: :lol:

I did learn something else yesterday. Watch where you walk on a fire. Thought there was dirt under the ash....... it was wet moss. Slid down the hill on my backside right in front of a couple of guys. :oops: :lol: :lol: I figure if I learn something everyday it is good. Glad I can laugh at myself, makes life easier.

Your daughter won't remember about the cookie trouble only that you were there . Good work ILH !

Larry

I luv herfrds":2td79fx5 said:
Been a pretty busy day.
Daughter has treats for her class tomorrow and I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Since the husband and son complain that there is never any for them I decided to double the recipe. Big mistake. I did my math wrong and left out a cup of flour. :oops:
They literally melted.
Had planned to make them after lunch, but ended up on a fire instead.

Learned to never try to cook or bake while really tired.

Good to know that someone besides me does the "burn the last batch" thing. I don't know why but I will always forget them. I don't use a timer. I guess that might have something to do with it.

Latest posts