Leaving cidrs in extra couple days

Help Support CattleToday:

Tbrake

Reaction score
Weather here in Kansas has been all over the board, as usual in April. I'm doing a 7 day cidr heat detection protocol on some virgin heifers, and some 2nd calvers. Put cidrs in last wed, scheduled to pull this wed. When I put them in, the future track showed breeding days to be nice. Now not so much, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are all cold, rain, and wind. But M,T,W are mid 60's and sunny. Would I hurt anything leaving the cidrs in 2-3 days longer? My rep says it won't be an issue.
Last year I bred some in April when the conditions were similar. Thunder, very cold/ rainy and my % was terrible. By far the worst I've ever had. Not sure if it was totally weather related, or something else going on.

Should not be an issue, our Vet had us put one in a cow and leave it so that she would not get bred last year when we turned the bull in. We did not have any issues.

Thank you. Making sure the extra few days won't affect the cows cycle and conception rates

I use a program that has the cidrs removed at 8 days and have left them an extra day or two on many occaisions to suit things without any problems.

Ken

wbvs58":54vbxqei said:
I use a program that has the cidrs removed at 8 days and have left them an extra day or two on many occaisions to suit things without any problems.

Ken
Great, thank you much. I won't worry about it.

Latest posts