Leasing land

Help Support CattleToday:

DCA farm

Reaction score
What y'all pay a acre for lease land I'm wanting to make my neighbor a offer in his pasture boarding mine he sold his horses and it's growed up with weeds he didn't even bush hog it this year but it's got darn good fence on 3 sides all I'd need to do is repair fence on 1 side. Gonna try abd get it for free if I tell him I'll maintain fence and keep up with growth but I wanna have a cash offer if he doesn't go for that. Right now it's not good pasture but a good bushhogging and a burn abd it will come back debent. It's probably 10 additional acres I could graze right at my house located in south west Louisiana

how many pairs can you run on it? if you can run a pair an acre id go up to 100 bucks an acre or if you need 2 acres per pair id go 50. see if you can get a 10 year lease on it and i bet if you bushhog it and fix it up make it look pretty youll probly get it for free but like i say id be worth 100 bucks a pair since it joins your place and all

Your rents are higher than ours. Most of what we pay is about $30 to $50 per acre per year. But we do all fence upkeep and such. Call your co agent and just ask what the going rate is for pasture rent, so you have an idea of the area. There is also a website to check. I'll have to see if I can find it.

The website, is called "onpasture.com" and I don't have the actual link but it will tell you pasture rent/lease rates by county. Some survey is done and it is for ground only, but will give you a base line to use.

Im slowly getting lease land uncle bought 40 acresabd ain't doing anything with it he said i can run cows on but it needs fence work and it's got a lot of woods on it probably only be able to run 20 pairs on it but it not gonna cost me a dime to lease just have to put up barbwire and maintain it

If I had the extra hay I'd buy about 20-25 more head of bred cows or pairs as cheap as they are selling right now I just ain't got that much extra hay abd it's hard to find

Well I'm out of your market, but I rent 8 quarters for $5,000. About 200 acres of hay, the rest pasture. I may be getting a good deal, not sure. Wouldn't need to rent it at all if the forestry interests weren't aspen logging the he!! out of my grazing tenure.

Latest posts