Lawson Family Farms Angus sale

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
I know its a ways off for many of you but several of you KY and TN guys are close enough. Anybody coming to the Lawson Family Farms Angus sale in Ewing, VA this weekend. I will be there and will buy lunch if anyone is coming. Oh wait the meal is free. Oh well. Check it out at www.lawsonfamilyfarms.com.
And no I am not part of the sale but sure hope to buy a few. On second thought maybe you shouldn't come and run the price up.

I got the sale bok a few weeks back, really like alot of the pedigrees they have. I have to work so will just watch it on the internet. Take a look at 22A, the Boss hefiers were very impressive at Sinclairs, kinda wondering if the work elsewhere.

bse":1553ahw2 said:
I got the sale bok a few weeks back, really like alot of the pedigrees they have. I have to work so will just watch it on the internet. Take a look at 22A, the Boss hefiers were very impressive at Sinclairs, kinda wondering if the work elsewhere.
The name on 22A is wrong but the papers are correct, just wrong name. She will be super I think.
I hope to come away with 2A, 2B, 10A, 23C for sure( he has a 205 of 912), 30 ( I own her mother and 2 sisters), 35A, 40A, and 42, and 72. Gotta see which runs out first, my money or the shine. I bough the top selling bull at their 2014 sale and 2 cows with calves. very satisified with them.

kenny thomas":38yp6uqi said:
I know its a ways off for many of you but several of you KY and TN guys are close enough. Anybody coming to the Lawson Family Farms Angus sale in Ewing, VA this weekend. I will be there and will buy lunch if anyone is coming. Oh wait the meal is free. Oh well. Check it out at http://www.lawsonfamilyfarms.com.
And no I am not part of the sale but sure hope to buy a few. On second thought maybe you shouldn't come and run the price up.

I would like to come but to rich for my blood.

Brentp":otbcnhtg said:
I may go if I can get away from the shop for a bit. I'm in Bristol, TN.
If you come to the sale ask anyone there who Kenny Thomas is. I bet 90% of the people there will know me. May not like me but they will know me.

pricefarm":1wtcevb2 said:
kenny thomas":1wtcevb2 said:
I know its a ways off for many of you but several of you KY and TN guys are close enough. Anybody coming to the Lawson Family Farms Angus sale in Ewing, VA this weekend. I will be there and will buy lunch if anyone is coming. Oh wait the meal is free. Oh well. Check it out at http://www.lawsonfamilyfarms.com.

I would like to come but to rich for my blood.
Come on and watch the show anyway. They are also having a demonstration of Kubota hay equipment starting at noon I think. Rain or shine.

kenny thomas":10enzrtn said:
Brentp":10enzrtn said:
If you come to the sale ask anyone there who Kenny Thomas is. I bet 90% of the people there will know me. May not like me but they will know me.
Kenny everybody knows you and talks about you.Just kidding. :lol: I may come for the show. I have three bulls under 4 years old that has papers they told me. I don't need a bull and I still believe before long these prices will head south. I have more time than money so don't think I will be sinking $5000+ in any cow right now. For anybody coming they have a good show and if you need a good bull they have them. Wonder if they are putting up the big tent as the weather sounds like strong wind and rain coming through Saturday evening.

jltrent":1b9yrb2j said:
kenny thomas":1b9yrb2j said:
Brentp":1b9yrb2j said:
Kenny everybody knows you and talks about you.Just kidding. :lol: I may come for the show. I have three bulls under 4 years old that has papers they told me. I don't need a bull and I still believe before long these prices will head south. I have more time than money so don't think I will be sinking $5000+ in any cow right now. For anybody coming they have a good show and if you need a good bull they have them. Wonder if they are putting up the big tent as the weather sounds like strong wind and rain coming through Saturday evening.

Tent is up, cattle are there, Kubota equipment is there, tables are set up for the food. They put down road fabic and gravel from the driveway to the loadout. Waiting on the storm now. The cattle look great.
TT, they donated 5 discount coupons from $100 to $500 for our Livestock Assocaition meeting as door prizes. Sure wish I could have gotten the $500 one.

How did everything sell today? I went to a bull sale last night and felt like they were low. A lot of good genetics in a nice package bought for less than $5k. Even registered nice looking cow calf pairs went between $3-4k. Figures when I am not buying they go cheap. Did you buy all you went looking for KT?

SmokinM":ep6kecmu said:
How did everything sell today? I went to a bull sale last night and felt like they were low. A lot of good genetics in a nice package bought for less than $5k. Even registered nice looking cow calf pairs went between $3-4k. Figures when I am not buying they go cheap. Did you buy all you went looking for KT?
Highest cow broght 38,000. Went it got down on my level they still were pretty high for this area. I seem to be good at picking the good ones. Every heifer and cow I picked out was too high for me. I did not need a bull this year but they were cheaper than I thought they would be. Highest bull was $5200. Unbred commercial heifers traded well also. I think they averaged $2200.

kenny thomas":1319783i said:
SmokinM":1319783i said:
Highest cow broght 38,000. Went it got down on my level they still were pretty high for this area. I seem to be good at picking the good ones. Every heifer and cow I picked out was too high for me. I did not need a bull this year but they were cheaper than I thought they would be. Highest bull was $5200. Unbred commercial heifers traded well also. I think they averaged $2200.
Sounds like they sold well. Did they have the demonstration of the Kubota hay equipment. I stopped and looked the balers over and I still believe I will take one of the Vermeers over them, but that is just me. Probably selling price will determine a lot.

jltrent":3fg49unw said:
kenny thomas":3fg49unw said:
SmokinM":3fg49unw said:
Sounds like they sold well. Did they have the demonstration of the Kubota hay equipment. I stopped and looked the balers over and I still believe I will take one of the Vermeers over them, but that is just me. Probably selling price will determine a lot.
They did not demo the equipment. I agree on the Vermeer. I liked the kubota disc mowers though.

pricefarm":2lix8i89 said:
Brentp":2lix8i89 said:

Your close to me Iam just acroos the line in bristol va

Where are you in Bristol,VA? One of the farms I lease is on Reedy Creek near Bass Pro.

Kenny, I didn't make it over yesterday. Sounds like a pretty good sale for the Lawsons. Did someone local buy that $38,000 cow?

Brentp":qcqe2xw2 said:
pricefarm":qcqe2xw2 said:
Brentp":qcqe2xw2 said:

Where are you in Bristol,VA? One of the farms I lease is on Reedy Creek near Bass Pro.

Kenny, I didn't make it over yesterday. Sounds like a pretty good sale for the Lawsons. Did someone local buy that $38,000 cow?
No, she and most of the embryo lots went out of state.

Brentp":3dz54nqw said:
pricefarm":3dz54nqw said:
Brentp":3dz54nqw said:

Iam on up the road closer to Abington

Latest posts