Lately

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Haven't been on much lately as I have been under Psoriatic arthritis attack. This is an insidious disease that attacks ligaments, tendons and bone.
I see Dr Monday for the right shoulder and the orthopedic surgeon later in the week to discuss more neck surgery.
Rheumatologist got me started on Enbrel to stop the disease progression, took forever to get that approved.
I'm still kicking and moving the driving a minimum of 60 miles one way to doctors is not fun with a fused neck .
I chose to live in the boonies and medical is one of the drawbacks.
Just part of the journey of life this old age ain't for sissies.
No complaints, some have ask lately .

That suks. It's got to affect everyday activities including being able to cast a hula popper very many times or very far.

I have arthur just about everywhere but so far, my electronic gizmo has kept the pain down to almost zero except in my shoulders. (I even have a lot of trouble washing under my arms in the shower..have to use a long handled brush to do it, but that a minor thing compared to your agony)

Good luck with the Drs. Hope you get some relief.

Getting old isn't any fun. My wifes cousin was going to stay for the week but jumped off the back of our feed truck Sunday and broke her leg. As for as I know she just landed on her feet and the bone broke right under her knee. She has really bad arthritis. The wife told her to use the ladder on the feed bin but she jumped off anyway. We both use the ladder to get up and down when filling the cube box. To old to be climbing and jumping off things everyday.

Have an appointment next Tuesday with the Urologist in Birmingham. A little less than 100 miles one way . There are doctors closer but I tried to go with the A team . Do you not have anyone to drive you burro?

😒all those little aches and pains I had during high school sports are back to haunt me now. add the injuries of trying to do things that I should know better by now but try anyway are all adding up to old age aches and pains. thankfully things aren't as bad as some members on here but I feel your pain. wishing all on here a happy and joyous old age with abundant wonderful things in the future.

I have been reading where the Casein protein attacks joints and arthritis and makes it much worse. Working for UPS all those years ate my sack lunch as far as joints go. Now everything freezes up when I am walking and knees are about gone. I eat yogurt and cottage cheese every day, and I am going to put a stop to it, to see if it changes things.
It tells that casein forms a gel in your body, joints and lungs. Mostly as we age. That is why milk products seem to make you feel like your throat is congested.
Just a thought. Maybe look it up and see if you are eating enough for it to make your pain worse. I know I have.

Years of doing everything the hard way are catching up with me. Pulling out iron posts by hand, loading huge slabs of bedded manure with a fork, and carrying out two square bales at a time from the barn have been typical offenses against my lower abdomen and back.
I have had to come to terms with the fact I cant do what I did five years ago.
The challenge is as much mental as physical.
You are far from alone.

Latest posts