Last year's bull calf...

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cattle Girl

Reaction score
This pic here is a pic of a bull calf that I showed at my County fair. We sadly took last. I hated the judge anyway, he made opinions on my cattle that he should have left in his mouth. But here he is. I want ya'll to criticize and judge him.

100_0534.jpg

He is an Angus cross Maine-Anjou. In this picture, he is probably about 6 months old. He is standing really funny, Sorry about that.

Angus Cattle Girl":3q2rpfqc said:
This pic here is a pic of a bull calf that I showed at my County fair. We sadly took last. I hated the judge anyway, he made opinions on my cattle that he should have left in his mouth. But here he is. I want ya'll to criticize and judge him.

100_0534.jpg

He is an Angus cross Maine-Anjou. In this picture, he is probably about 6 months old. He is standing really funny, Sorry about that.
If he's 6 mo. old in this pic he looks much to small for his age.

I dont think that he is too bad, although it is hard to better critique him from how he is standing

LaurenE":39qipzul said:
I dont think that he is too bad, although it is hard to better critique him from how he is standing
You really can't critique him from this pose. He needs to be standing so that a person can tell something about him besides his height.

I learned a long time ago that showing any animal at any time it sometimes will not look like we remember it at home in the pasrure with head up and looking cocky, striking that nice pose. When we put a halter on them and try to make them walk when they don't want to at a show they don't look the best. I don't believe you need to hate this judge, or have to agree with him,but that day his is the opinion that matters.What makes showing great is next week or month there is another show that you can go get another persons opinion again, and the more times you show a animal the more at ease both the animal and the showman become,the more likely your animal will look like that pose in the pasture you really like.

LaurenE":1vxgpeb5 said:

Sort of hard to critique a one month old. Have any pics of him older.

Scotty

I'm sorry for the pic but that's all I had. I sold him last year so I don't have any more pics. Oh well, he's long gone anyways so it doesn't really matter if ya'll judge him. But I am going to post pics of my steers for this year.

Angus Cattle Girl":27vlwjoe said:
I'm sorry for the pic but that's all I had. I sold him last year so I don't have any more pics. Oh well, he's long gone anyways so it doesn't really matter if ya'll judge him. But I am going to post pics of my steers for this year.

Well ok. I name you grand champion. And welcome aboard. Excuse the pun.

Scotty

Latest posts