Laser Pointer

Help Support CattleToday:

Bestoutwest

Reaction score
Well, this was a first for me. I've had a couple of run-ins driving, you know someone stupid do something and you honk, then they get all mad, but nothing like this. I was coming to work this morning, and there was no one out b/c it was so early (about 7:35). In Idaho, folks do this thing where you're coming along, there's no one behind you, and you're a little too close but they pull out anyway and don't bother to step on it. Drives me up a wall. This guy did that to me this morning, and I kind of crept up on him. Not on purpose but when you're going 55 and they're going 45 it happens. I had the truck (Ram 2500) and he had a civic, so my lights were hitting him in the face. I pull up next to him at the stop sign and he has his window down. I don't think anything of it, and he's not looking at me. As soon as I turn right this green light starts beaming off the mirror. That freaked me out pretty good, but then it stopped. So, I turn to get on the interstate right there, and it's hitting me in the driver's window. I floor it and hunker down waiting any second for a shot to hit the window. I tried calling 911 right then, but the stupid truck's Bluetooth was picking up 4 other options to call, none of which were 911. I ended up calling the sheriff, but I had no info other the make and color. I didn't get the license plate b/c I wouldn't have thought to while driving behind him.

The weird part is that my wife went and looked at where he would have stopped to see me on the interstate. Our car is similar sized. She said it was extremely difficult to see the onramp there, and that there were fresh tracks where this guy drove up to get a good vantage point.

I guess that's my yearly run-in with a crazy person, thankfully it's March.....

Direct eye contact with a laser pointer is dangerous, and it is a federal offense to point them at an airliner. Not sure about pointing one at a truck.

I'm not sure what the penalty is, if there even is one. I'm just glad it wasn't a gun.

I'm thinking about getting one now. Plus, with all the folks moving in, it might not hurt.

Latest posts