land

Help Support CattleToday:

dbc

Reaction score
does anyone know about waht the cost of land would be for around 100 acres in east texas

Depends on a lot of things... where in "East Texas"? Tyler? Longview? Lots of difference depending on the area, and how close to Dallas.

What kind of improvements, if any? House, barns? Improved or native pastures? Water availability?

Check out http://www.landsoftexas.com Great ranch website, and you can get some good ideas of what's available.

We looked at 94 acres in Kaufman county last weekend. $290,000 and the land was not even that pretty....

TheBullLady":3o352uyn said:
Depends on a lot of things... where in "East Texas"? Tyler? Longview? Lots of difference depending on the area, and how close to Dallas.

You are exactly right BullLady. Land in Marshall School District is really cheap in comparison to Longview or Hallsville School District.

i really just want land that i can improve over time, somewhere near the tyler area since we already have some close to there. What websites, or places are the best to find what im lookin for?

We've bought land in the Hallsville School District over the last five years. Right now, it seems that land in East Texas is ranging from $2,000 per acre to $20,000 per acre depending upon proximity to Longview and Tyler, the size of the tract, improvements, school district, etc... That's land cost and does not include major improvements like a house. There are a lot of people out there looking for 2 to 50 acres. Folks like Farrell and Boswell are gobbling up the big tracts and making rural residential subdivisions. Look for ads in the newspaper, the thrifty nickel, and the real estate guides. http://www.landsoftexas.com is a good website to look at as well. If you find a good tract at a reasonable price, you have to act fast.

skyline":19mra75i said:
We've bought land in the Hallsville School District over the last five years.

My only complaint about the land I own over there is the timber companies. They will not leave me alone. I wouldn't so much mind of they thinnned the pines, but I am not there to monitor it. Then there are those who want to "manage" it which includes clear cutting all the old growth hickory and such.

I truly like the old place just as it is.

backhoeboogie":oj5hoqx0 said:
skyline":oj5hoqx0 said:
We've bought land in the Hallsville School District over the last five years.

My only complaint about the land I own over there is the timber companies. They will not leave me alone.

Yep, those guys are pretty aggressive. We receive an unsolicited mailer from one about every week or two wanting to cut our timber. I had one drop a log over my fence from my neighbors land, blocking my driveway. And then act like a jerk about it.

skyline":3mi8n7ck said:
There are a lot of people out there looking for 2 to 50 acres. Folks like Farrell and Boswell are gobbling up the big tracts and making rural residential subdivisions.

Wonder if sales are still good in this Real Estate slow down we are having? People in TX still buying? Florida sales are dead. Land and houses. I am a developer and have been buying large tracts in Middle TN (instead of FL) to sell lots. Metro Nashville is booming.

Look at this deer stand I found on one of the Texas ranches for sale:

3411583945AMFX.jpg

Ricker":10a1yqut said:
skyline":10a1yqut said:
There are a lot of people out there looking for 2 to 50 acres. Folks like Farrell and Boswell are gobbling up the big tracts and making rural residential subdivisions.

Wonder if sales are still good in this Real Estate slow down we are having? People in TX still buying? Florida sales are dead. Land and houses. I am a developer and have been buying large tracts in Middle TN (instead of FL) to sell lots. Metro Nashville is booming.

I think land (reasonably priced) is still selling here in East Texas. There is some speculation land (unreasonably priced) that has been on the market for a while.

Latest posts