Lakeland Pro Rodeo Jan 17-18..

Help Support CattleToday:

Shantilly

Reaction score
http://lakelandprorodeo.com/
wondering if this is worth going to... I enjoy monster truck jams and would go to every event..but some places are too small for them to do much of anything... so is the Lakeland Center a good place to hold something like this? city girl has never been to a rodeo before ... * puts head down in shame*

also if someone could give me an idea of the best place to sit .besides my bottom.. for all the joksters in here... that would be great :)

well a lot of people have looked ..but no one has replied so forget it.. i am going to go and have a great time.. and enjoy doing something new... even if i get crap seats it will be worth every penny to actually see a real rodeo :)

I prefer the bucking chute area myself. Usually the barrel racing, roping and dogging start from the other end. I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to the Views totals because those ionclude visitors, bots, crawlers and such .

thanks slick.. :) and i was looking at the seating chart and was thinking some where in the middle but closer to the chutes would be an ideal spot.. :) super big hug

I like about 1/4 to 1/3 down the arena, that is a quarter down the arena from the chutes. High enough up people don't block your view by walking by or standing watching the ride, but not in the nose bleed section. I like the chute end because the bulls and a lot of the bucking horses stay at that end. As stated most of the time steer wrestling and calf roping start at the other end of the arena, but they run much of the length of the arena before their done.

I have found that in most venues you can move around as the event goes along so being my first time i will just stick to the middle so i can see as much as possible :) i may be like you and find my excitement begins n ends at the chutes, but having never been to one live and only seeing the bits n pieces of one in Pure Country i will keep my mind and eyes open and enjoy it all ..may even take a few pics :) thanks and super big hugs trappersteve

Well the best view in the house takes considerably more excitement and risk than most people want. But given that you aren't going to be crawling into one of the chutes, I would sit as close to the bucking chutes as possible and no more than 6 or 7 rows up. Getting as close to the action as possible will allow you to see a lot of things that those back up in the stands just don't get to see.

Try a "ranch" rodeo some time. They are more amusing for me personally. Teams compete in silly events. Best one I have seen had a team of rookie kids. 9, 11, and the rest were 12. They didn't fair so well competing but they completed every event to standing ovations.

backhoeboogie":1clzt342 said:
Try a "ranch" rodeo some time. They are more amusing for me personally. Teams compete in silly events. Best one I have seen had a team of rookie kids. 9, 11, and the rest were 12. They didn't fair so well competing but they completed every event to standing ovations.
I dont think they have those around here.. but sounds like fun :cboy:

they have bull riding eveyr sat nite here in Myakka..its good as it gets in Lakeland...but any pro shows good...mostly the same bulls tho.

thanks will have to check that out :) now i have to listen to radio more... on the 18th is the Monster Truck show ...Grave Digger driven by Dennis is going to be there :) so i need to try and win tickets, that'd be a great late b-day present ;) I also checked the map... about an hours drive to Myakka from where i am :)

Been along time since I lived in FL. But River Ranch use to have a Rodeo every Saturday night. A few of us would go and ride the bulls and chase the cowgirls. I don't know if it's still going on but your plenty close, and it was a good time. One of my buddies told me the new thing now is to rope and milk a wild cracker cow, and who ever gets a glass of milk the fastest wins. He was telling me some of them cows are rank, and everyone knows a real cowboy has no quit in him. So it's a lot of fun to watch.

lol sounds like fun. I looked up River Ranch and will have to check that out as well .... :) thanks for tip super big hugs

Latest posts