Labor Day weekend family outing (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

MO_cows

Reaction score
Over the holiday weekend, we went camping and ATV riding with a family group. We had 3 generations of cousins there, and everybody was related. I feel blessed that our family spends time together and are friends, too. Anyways, this is our new (to us) camper. We bought a big 'un because we plan to live in this thing next year and build a new house. It was VERY comfortable for the weekend so hopefully we can handle it for a few months.
100_1862.jpg

We had 4 ATV's in our group.
100_1858.jpg

100_1856.jpg

100_1860.jpg

Almost hate to admit it, but this last one is ours. Old "Barn Fresh" hadn't been out of the barn since the last time the cows got out, 2009 maybe. It started right up with a battery charge and even though it was the oldest and smallest unit we saw on the trails all weekend, it went everywhere the bigger, fancier ones went and kept up even with a double load.
100_1857.jpg

We had 2 RV's and 3 tents for the group. There was me and my better half (what a shame, a 37 foot RV and only one bed. smirk), hubby's cousin with his wife and their son; our son with his wife and their daughter, our nephew and his son, and cuz's wife's sister and her hubby. How many men does it take to set up tents? Before it was done, ALL of them.
100_1854.jpg

100_1855.jpg

A side note, here is cuz's trailer that we hauled ATV's on. He built this from scratch and it's a sturdy, handy unit. He is a really good fabricator and welder. Why the top deck? Because it doubles as a deer stand when he hunts his brother's property.
100_1863.jpg

Here is a couple shots out riding. Didn't get any pictures on the "good" trails, I was too busy ducking branches and hanging on. Only had a couple of thrills. Once when hubby went to get into 1st gear to climb a hill (waited til we were halfway up it, duh!), he missed and hit neutral and we started rolling backwards - fast. I was just waiting for the trees to puncture my back, but he was able to stomp on the not-so-great brakes hard enough to get it stopped and back into gear.
100_1861.jpg

100_1785.jpg

It's a fun place to go, http://www.soggybottomcamp.com. 200 acres or so of trails and hills. 2 campgrounds plus primitive camps in the woods along the trails. Real nice people who own it. We put 51 miles on old Barn Fresh that weekend and we all plan to go back in October for the fall colors.

if i had that camper i wouldnt need a house,,might even be better here... every time theres a tornado threat, just hop in the truck and move it over :cowboy:

That looks like a blast MO, I bet you all had an amazing time . We haven't been able to do that since we moved here, and now quading for fun doesn't appeal to me anymore . :lol: However when we would go out west it would be more of mud bogging and I never found that very fun. Too ,much like work . ;-)

Good luck with the new home, I am sure you will be very comfy in the new 5th wheel until you can move in. :D

Thanks for sharing pics.

Looks like a great weekend. BTW you were not bragging about it being two years since your cattle got out were you? :lol2: :clap:

Jalopy":3ldr30nt said:
Looks like a great weekend. BTW you were not bragging about it being two years since your cattle got out were you? :lol2: :clap:

By golly one got out this morning! A mature cow, 7 years old, kicking up her heels and running past us all around the yard just because she could. The weather has turned cooler and they are all revved up. We couldn't find where she got out, either. So no, I wasn't intentionally bragging but the karma caught up with me anyhow.

Latest posts