Labor Day Meal

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Cooked some brisket and some chicken for Labor Day.

Here is a picture of my homegrown plate excepting the slaw - too hot for cabbage. Zipper peas, creamed peaches and cream corn, and a brisket sandwich. I finished it off with some of the best homemade blueberry wine I've ever tasted - some of the strongest too. :nod: Once I take a pull of some blueberry medley you can go ahead and kill me cause I don't think it gets any better than this.

IMG_4577.jpg

So what did ya'll cook?

Toasted cheese sandwhich's with aged Provolone cheese from Italy and some of the eggplant and peppers we canned Sat, also some Italian pole beans from the garden cooked with some Neuske's bacon and a cucumber salad. Chased down with a glass of some 04 Cabernet Sauvignon that I made a while back.

Probably no better than yours Jo but for sure different.

I cooked brisket, BHB's homemade sauce, and hashbrown casserole, Mama made a salad and peach cobbler, and some friends brought ladyfinger peas, corn on the cobb, and deviled eggs.

FW, that sounds good. I love hashbrown casserole and lady finger peas. Bringing lady finger peas to your home give me the impression that this is a really good friend cause those things are a royal pain to shell.

Jogeephus":2tk11cve said:
FW, that sounds good. I love hashbrown casserole and lady finger peas. Bringing lady finger peas to your home give me the impression that this is a really good friend cause those things are a royal pain to shell.
They are great friends, but we live about 35 minutes from a heck of a produce farm. They grow the prettiest peas I've ever seen and have several (I think 4) of those really nice sheller/blower units. I work for them @ the local farmers market during the busy season, and it's dang near mortal combat at times because there's such demand for their peas and butterbeans. I love the ladyfingers, but sadandies are my favorite.

My horse riding group went on a Labor day ride.

We ride monthly. then we have a pot luck lunch.

never fancy but always decent chow. One guy always brings a grill and hot dogs. I always bring a cheesecake. usually have different folks at every ride so the food is different too.

always good becasue we always have a good time and good comraderie.

When i got home the wife who had to work Labor day had fixed a nice tossed salad and a Dejorno Pizza. It was good too.

Latest posts