Kubota.

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
I started my Kubota MX5000 yesterday morning and moved about thirty feet when it started blowing white smoke out the exhaust then died. I checked and the fuel bowl and fuel filter was frozen so I took it apart and put the fuel filter and bowl in a plastic zip-lock bag and took it into the house to thaw out. This morning I cleaned the fuel bowl and blew the liquid out of the fuel filter and all is well.
I called Kubota and they do not have a water drain valve to install in the fuel bowl. It's not a big deal but very difficult for my Arthritic hands to remove the fuel bowl.
Has anyone replaced their fuel bowl with an aftermarket bowl with a drain plug. I have scanned the internet and there are many pictures if fuel systems but I can't find a replacement bowl with drain. Have any of you changed yours and which system did you buy.

I clean and empty it about once a year. It is a pain to get off and on especially with the loader on.

I had an old International that had condensation in the fuel problems. Between the strasiner and the carb I put a metal inline filter and drilled a hole in it and threaded a screw with a gasket so I could drain some of the fuel periodically

A CAV filter will suit it and if it like my Kubota the filter cartridges will be the same. Keep the fuel topped up to minimise condensation in the tank but it sounds like the tank needs flushing out as there will be water below the pick up and may rust the tank out unless it is made of plastic.
Ken

Latest posts