Kris, You ask Again

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
One we talked about yesterday. This calf is 15 days shy of 6 months in this photo. The mother is a commercial cow I bought from Maple Heights Farm, they are not registered. The heifer came bred. Supposedly she was bred in the pasture to a Simmental Bull. Would you keep her? I was planning to. The calf is Derby Girl, Mom is Short Ear, her right ear is short. Must have been frozen. Extremely gentle, mom and calf. You can handle them in the pasture like a horse. Mom is not a little cow. In the 1450/1500 range.
i23i4h.jpg

PS: Am I being charged? I may not be able to pay. I already owe Lucky_P $60,000.
Hey, you know my cows better than anyone!!! Maybe we should form a partnership.

14-1500 lbs how old is she , you said you bought her as a heifer. If you want to increase frame size keep her. Just a big cow she would have to produce a calf above and beyond your others. :2cents:

Try to get a better side shot (I know, picky picky!). I can not see the angle of her shoulder, nor her hip while she is nursing! She certainly looks solid, and the dam is doing a fantastic job. Pics of both, dam and heifer, clear, would be nice. By that pic, the cow looks like she has a slopped hip, but it might be the way she is standing and that she is nursing. Was that taken recently? Your grass looks fantastic. Ours has gone dormant!

I am way to too expensive for you to afford me, that is why I offer my services as a donation since you are trying to learn here ;-) But, if you really feel the need to pay me, you can just leave me your cattle in your will. They will be well cared for here :tiphat:

Dearest Kris:
You know I am in love with you. But you continue to break my heart. My cows are secured in an environment where their every need receives my fullest attention. They know the gentle care of one master. They are worked in the most gentle manner. They respond by doing all I expect of them. Domestic cows are much more social than people know. They groom each other with their long rough tongues. To be licked by the boss cow is a privilege and a heighthened status. All cows covet it. I have been licked by the boss cow. But I am much more, I am their Master. The one who feeds them and yea, the one who commands them.

If I should ever find myself incapable of being the master I aspire to be, I swear on the honor of my ancestors, that Star shall be yours. You are the only one who provides me the peace of mind that she would continue to know the security of a home where she is treated with the dignity, care and love she deserves. Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know, but you will remain Star's friend through thick or thin!

Now to the pictures:
2aig6ps.jpg

2yvqurl.jpg

io24c0.jpg

23uo6cz.jpg

2cehrg4.jpg

Hey what do you think of this cow:
2e51k44.jpg

Todays look at pasture they are on now:
b6exht.jpg

6sszrd.jpg

6ivihw.jpg

inyati13":18h1tfxc said:
Dearest Kris:
You know I am in love with you. But you continue to break my heart. My cows are secured in an environment where their every need receives my fullest attention. They know the gentle care of one master. They are worked in the most gentle manner. They respond by doing all I expect of them. Domestic cows are much more social than people know. They groom each other with their long rough tongues. To be licked by the boss cow is a privilege and a heighthened status. All cows covet it. I have been licked by the boss cow. But I am much more, I am their Master. The one who feeds them and yea, the one who commands them.
Please, do NOT share where the boss cow licked you :help: . And I think you need to back off on the alcohol, or at least start later in the evening!!! :lol:
If I should ever find myself incapable of being the master I aspire to be, I swear on the honor of my ancestors, that Star shall be yours. You are the only one who provides me the peace of mind that she would continue to know the security of a home where she is treated with the dignity, care and love she deserves. Friends may come and friends may go, and friends may peter out you know, but you will remain Star's friend through thick or thin!

Now to the pictures:
2aig6ps.jpg

2yvqurl.jpg

io24c0.jpg

23uo6cz.jpg

2cehrg4.jpg

Hey what do you think of this cow:
2e51k44.jpg

Todays look at pasture they are on now:
b6exht.jpg

6sszrd.jpg

6ivihw.jpg
OK, so she is not bad by any means. She would make a great recip, looking at how well she has raised that calf! I really like the last side shot of the heifer calf, but she looks a little broken behind her shoulder. On the gravel, she appears to have feet that turn in every different direction (toes out), but does not seem to do that in the grass. You will have to look at that. But no reason not to keep.
OK, so who is the good looking cow??? I LIKE her! Talk about rib shape! How heavy bred is she? Also, is she the owner of that great looking rump in the last photo? If so, I REALLY like her! This is a really nice rump! I had a hard time looking at the grass when that rump was there saying "vavoom!" to me!!!
Oh, and I do not call that green grass... to me that is yellow, on it's way to dead! But you still have lots of food. We just moved off our last section of pasture, now it is mostly hay for the girls...
Oh, by the way, that will be one more cow left to me in the will. New Day will do, or even the Vavoom butt above! :lol2:

Remember Red Skelton, he would say, "You, sir, are a mean, mean , mean man." Kris, "You are a mean, mean, mean pretty lady."

I will keep the black baldie cow. Even if I don't use her as a recipient of embryos. This is her first calf. I bought her late last fall for $1600 bred. I need mouths right now. The calf looks better than the pictures show. They were either on that gravel which hurts their feet or pooping, peeing, or moving and I was not getting the pictures I wanted. The calf has good feet. I looked at that picture and I see what you mentioned. Don't judge on that pic. I plan to sell the other two heifer calves based on your evaluation but I will keep this one.

The big ribbed cow over the electric fence is out of the Rocking P herd. She was a mate to Star's Dam. She is built like Star who you like. I knew you would like her. In fact, she is a bigger version of Star. She is Simangus and not registered. She and Star's Dam were my first two bred heifers from Keith Phillip. She will calf 2/26/14. Casper is the Sire. :oops:

You stated, "Also, is she the owner of that great looking rump in the last photo? If so, I REALLY like her! This is a really nice rump! I had a hard time looking at the grass when that rump was there saying "vavoom!" to me!!!"
No surprise about liking her. She is one of my two HPRP registered percentage Simmentals. Half and Half simangus. Remember the cow I put up with the big udder. Here:
23iue84.jpg

So you will take New Day! Well I got a confession, she is not New Day. Her Sire is JF Milestone 999W. My fault. Her grandsire on her Dam's side is Boyd Beef Maker. I got that mixed up when Keith was verbally providing me the pedigree. But don't be too hard on me, I can remember their registration numbers off the top of my head if I look at them and fix the sequence in a visual picture. The old brain is still pretty good at 63. If I am interested in something, I can take a snap-shot of it and retain it in my head. I did that with insects, snakes, etc. when I was taking classes in college. Here is New Day:
2aj999u.jpg

So here is how this ends: If something should ever happen that I would make a choice to disperse my herd, I would be honored and indebted to you if you would take MY Star. I know how well you and yours take care of your cattle. Like me, your cattle are more than slabs of meat walking on four legs. Star shall never endure mistreatment, she does not know what it is. Imagine that!!! I raised her after her mother died and she is bonded to me as dearly as a person. I will ship her to Missouri and she will be yours!