King Ranches Neighbor

Help Support CattleToday:

CopeMan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of the Kenedy Ranch, that is next to the King Ranch? It was owned by Captain Richard Kings Partner. What breed of cattle do they use?

CopeMan":oaif8s7b said:
Thats what I figured...lol
I have heard that they cross Murrray Grey cows with Horned Hereford X Tuli bulls. They should have the first calves within a few days.

murrey grey cattle handle the heat well, but i doubt they are tick resistent, in australia we have Greyman cattle 5/8 MG, 3/8 Brahman. ;-)

The Kenedy Ranch's history is interwoven with the King Ranch, they were partners in the steamboat industry before becoming ranchers. Both started with Mexican cattle, that was rounded up and driven from mexico along with volunteers of the villages to come and work on their ranches. King is famous for the Santa Gertrudes breed along with Santa Cruz breed. The Kenedy Ranch also raised Santa Gertrudes cattle, these days tho it is more a bird watching place and museum. Not a working ranch anymore.

I guess that the Murray Grey man has been on vacation. I do think that they are pretty good cattle though, at least the ones that I have seen. :)