King Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
Read an article in TexasMonthly August 2007 authored by S.C Gwynne an thought ya'll might like some interesting info. The ranch is comprised of 825,000 acres. They have an esimated 43,500 head of cattle. The author estimates that only 10% net profit is made from cattle. The population of the ranch used to be 1,200 fifty years ago and is now down to 300. The ranch formed a company called Consolidated Citrus wich is the largest citrus grower in the country with over 284 full time empoyees. The ranch is 154 years old.

I would recommend checking out this article if you can. It is very interesting. A large portion of the article is about how the ranch had to branch out into other businesses to stay afloat. It will definatley make somone rethink getting into this business if they are not already invested in it.

Walt

I saw a sign the other day near Milican just outside Navasota, Tex. "King Ranch, Brazos Valley Devision". Seems like they are expanding.

AAC is up for sale down here. They only seem to be able to make 8.3% profit from their 565,000 head. They own several 1000000acre+ properties, and average 30000 head in feedlots.

Total land holdings are somewhere about 17 million acres, they are the oldest agricultural company in australia, operating since 1824 :shock:

If you want more info about the property holdings, checkout
http://www.aaco.com.au/Properties.aspx

novatech":1od83x61 said:
I saw a sign the other day near Milican just outside Navasota, Tex. "King Ranch, Brazos Valley Devision". Seems like they are expanding.

They've gotten into turf grass in the river bottoms, Novatech. They have some of the largest turf grass farms in the state, now.

They have also started marketing trinkets for souvenirs. See web site. Wonder what Ford pays for the use of their logo. Can't really blame them though, you make what you can make however you can.

Latest posts