killing time

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
Went out to check cows and Misty May is calving legs were out, sac in tact and still pacing.So I am giving her some space she is in the loafing barn and it is still only -1.Brand new bedding today for them.

So just killing time.I was going to do the E scrabble thing but I think they changed the rules since the last time I visited :p .

Just got done cleaning up, and thought I would let you know.It's a boy.Nice little calf won't weigh him until tomorrow but a size I like to see on a first calver.

Didn't want to mess around with the heifer so I got the little guy dried off iodined and gave him his first feeding of colostrum.Now I don't have to worry about her or him and am off to bed.

Back out first light tomorrow morn.SOOOOOOOOOO here we go, it's on.She was not supposed to be due until the 20th.

HA HA Angie I am still off to bed have a good night hope all is quiet for you.

Hey ~ good for you on calf! You are a good shepard :nod:
Too bad about EScrabble, next time ~ yes?
G'nite.

I was woken up at 3:45 this morning to what sounded like bears outside my bedroom window.Half asleep got dressed ran outside only to find my two herd bulls fighting in my drive way. :eek: :mad: :mad: .If I had a gun handy there would be two dead bulls.The ruckas with the first calve of the season and cows freaking out must have got the boy riled up.So I chased them back to there corral I still can't figure out how they got out gate was closed and fence is intact.

I am sure I woke the neighborhood up I have never been so furious in my life and those two little buggers ran for cover.This morning thay looked like little angels chewing there cud.

LSS I had a mishap and got hurt (nothing to do with the bulls) so now I am hopping around on one leg.I should go to the doctors and get xray's but I can't drive so I am living on advil.It is going to be interesting to how I am going to feed today as I can't bend my leg. :cry2:

Great time to happen now that the calves are all popping out.

You know what they say Stuff happens.

Hillsdown, glad the calf was OK and it was only the Bulls....sorry to hear about your leg, hope it is not broken, although sprains can as bad sometimes.