KG Justified

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't have any direct experience. But since no one else has commented - I had considered him for use on simmentals. Info I had was good feet, good udders, calving ease, and lots of mass. Concern I had was frame score. He appears to be small framed in the pics and videos that I have seen. I never saw any published yearling or mature frame score. Looked to be a little sway backed, but lots of mass. Hopefully, someone with direct experience will comment.

I bred a few heifers and some cows to him last May. Unfortunately I think we had very poor conception on everything last year. I don't know why, because we followed the same protocols that have given us good success in the past. If I was correct on the cows I thought came back into heat, we probably only got 4 out of 15 bred. Ouch! My AI cows were due to come back in heat at about the same time about half of my bull bred cows were in heat. I have no idea why so many decided to cycle on the same couple days about two weeks after bull turn out. It was like an orgy out there. I am hoping that some of the AI cows that were riding and being ridden were just caught up in all the excitement.

Anyway, I do have two heifers I am pretty sure settled to Justified. I can let you know how calving goes in February, if I remember.

Latest posts