Kentucky - legal width of farm equip on public roads?

Help Support CattleToday:

riquezada

Reaction score
I am putting together a hay roll mover. I want to make it as wide as possible. Does anyone know the maximum width for somethin like this in Kentucky?

Thanks,

Ricky

Scout":czgqirxj said:
According to the KY DOT page, it looks like 8'6" is the limit. It's kind of hard to tell if that includes anything sticking out - I think it does. http://transportation.ky.gov/

I am not sure about farm equipment exemptions, but some roads are 8'6" while other are 8', as far as trailers are concerned.

We rarely haul hay on main roads. Main roads being those with lines on them. Those are the ones that require you maintain some sort of cuth while traveling. Those are also the ones that people think you ought to let them past. :roll:

We are 12 ft wide on county roads when moving hay. And don't get in a hurry. Most times just one lane roads and we brush the bank on one side to keep from falling in the holler on the other side. :D

Those widths (8'6") sounds right. I know logs are normally allowed up to 100". I know hauling the big rolls on the back roads takes up the whole road. We're taking at least 10'. I think my neighbor's bale mover is just under 9'.

Thanks

Latest posts