Kencove

Help Support CattleToday:

millstreaminn":mlh697pk said:
Use their fence, but not the chargers.

I've used a lot of their products too, just never an energizer. Most of their other stuff is good quality, but an energizer at 500 bucks is a different kettle of fish if it isn;t any good when compared to insulators, etc.

Not a Kencove brand, but have one of the Gallagher M800's. Was around $380 I believe. Don't know how it compares to Kencove's joule-wise but the Gallagher is very well respected by the cows, and me.

cfpinz

cfpinz":320k3khy said:
Not a Kencove brand, but have one of the Gallagher M800's. Was around $380 I believe. Don't know how it compares to Kencove's joule-wise but the Gallagher is very well respected by the cows, and me.

cfpinz

Am I going to have to go out and check to see if my M800 is still there?

dun

dun":2oj5q7sa said:
cfpinz":2oj5q7sa said:

cfpinz

Am I going to have to go out and check to see if my M800 is still there?

dun

Being that you're looking at new chargers, you may have answered your own question...

cfpinz

Herefordcross":2jr5ol7a said:
I use one of Kencove's charges and it works just as well as the Ghalager charger does. It's made a little cheaper but, works good.

Theneighbor is looking a EK8D. Plans on using it for goats

dun":2ng09jt2 said:
Herefordcross":2ng09jt2 said:
I use one of Kencove's charges and it works just as well as the Ghalager charger does. It's made a little cheaper but, works good.

Theneighbor is looking a EK8D. Plans on using it for goats

Can't find my Kencove catalog, is that an 8 joule box and if so, what's the price?

You looking forward to having goats run with your cattle?

cfpinz

cfpinz":2xif1ne5 said:
dun":2xif1ne5 said:
Herefordcross":2xif1ne5 said:

The neighbor is looking a EK8D. Plans on using it for goats

Can't find my Kencove catalog, is that an 8 joule box and if so, what's the price?

You looking forward to having goats run with your cattle?

cfpinz

$295.00
http://www.fence-electric.com/ShopDetai ... ordID=EK8D

Goats won;t be here, although I wouldn;t mind if they were.

Thanks, shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but it looks cheap. But I say the same thing about the new Gallaghers.

If your neighbor's got goats, you'll have goats.

cfpinz

Herefordcross":3jrczoym said:
I don';t see an EK8D, I see an EK8 $225.00

Their online caalog is strange to get through, not very well organized. The EK8D is $295.00 but they don;t specif uy what the differences are

dun":2pm9ypko said:
Herefordcross":2pm9ypko said:
I don';t see an EK8D, I see an EK8 $225.00

Their online caalog is strange to get through, not very well organized. The EK8D is $295.00 but they don;t specif uy what the differences are

I consider their chargers a bit pricey. And Dun, you're right about the online version. Not as good as their regular print catalog.

I like a Zareba I can buy for $175 (last year) at TSC. If I maintain the fence, I've tested 8000 volts at a mile from the charger. That will turn them. Service life depends on lightning, but I've got one on its 3rd yr. That =$55/yr if it survives this summer.
Joule ratings are not prominent on the package. They just sell it as a 100 mile fencer. Probably not the best, but it sure works here.

This is the one we use.
http://www.fence-electric.com/ShopDetai ... =EXB6Great charger. Lightning came in on it several years ago. We sent it in to Kencove and they had it fixed and back to us in 2 weeks for $80.

I like the led's on the front. The more green lights you see, the farther away from the fence you will be when you get zapped.

I don't remember what we paid for it but I know it was less than what is listed.

Found my catalog today, the only difference I can figure is the EK8D has a digital display whereas the EK8 does not.

cfpinz

Latest posts