Keeping this one

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH

Reaction score
adca8d66.jpg

I think that I am keeping this girl. Not a very good pic but she grew well and I like her mother.

la4angus":yr3okjvb said:
Looks like a pretty good commercial Herf. hfr. Good size for her age.

To late I already registered her even though her numbers say below average EPDs I dont think it will happen that way.

Her brothers and sisters have all done very good and I plan on A-Iing her to an oxley bull ( 0125) to see what the out come may be.

Dont let that pic fool you she isnt as big as that pic makes her out to be. And I know she is just an ordinary hereford but I like her. :) JHH

P.S. Glad your back and I hope your feeling better. JHH

ummm she is a nice heifer but I think she may have an ear infection in her right ear. Take a closer look and see if its got any drainage.

Crowderfarms":27tbv9v3 said:
bward":27tbv9v3 said:
ummm she is a nice heifer but I think she may have an ear infection in her right ear. Take a closer look and see if its got any drainage.

:shock:

i bet HillStreetBlues can tell us. nice heifer.

:p I know...... But everytime I look at that lovely heifer I see her holding her right ear lower, and I think its hurting her. I've seen it dozens of times in the feedlot. or its nothing. I only suggested checking it. gee.

bward":1mbhpqf6 said:

Checked her today and didnt see anything. I really think it was just a crapy pic.

Thanks JHH

Pic434.jpg

Here she is again with the other two that I am keeping as well.

Still not a good pic but they are a little jumpy after weaning,worming and everthing. Sorry I couldnt do a better job with the pic.JHH

Yep they look good are they out of the same bull there JHH?

Also keep a close watch on the one on the left she could have pinkeye?? :roll:

Nice group in all

MD

How come every time some one posts a Hereford pic somebody says they have pinkeye? :roll: I know they get it but dang you would think it was as common as their white head or something! I find it amazing that with all their eye problems they ever became one of the best breeds in North America!

redfornow":ibd4en72 said:
Yep they look good are they out of the same bull there JHH?

Also keep a close watch on the one on the left she could have pinkeye?? :roll:

Nice group in all

MD

Yes all out of the same bull.

Yes she has been treated for pinkeye. Her eye looks ok now,never did get it just a little runny(sp) JHH