Kaepernick

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
He is getting a private workout from the NFL to try to get back in play. With his 7 yr. career record at 42 wins and 69 loses plus all the negative baggage he carries will he get a contract offer or even deserve one? Mod if this is not appropriate for your board just delete, I understand no problem here.

RQBPTPVMJMI6PG4TXFYEHZL2EI.jpg

Some owner out there is asking himself how much money he can make by bringing on the single biggest icon of virtue signaling. He has done well for Nike.

I kind of hope he gets a shot and is a complete failure. Then we can maybe quit hearing about him.

Caustic Burno said:
We now have the Kaepernick of chicken.
Chick Fila took a knee today!

I was really disappointed to see Chick fil a gave into the PC police. I hope this isn't the start of them backing off from the values their founder had.

I had already quit NFL, I know me not eating 3 deluxe chicken sandwiches a week wont collapse them, but I've ate my last, getting so I'll have to pack my lunch

The NFL wouldn't play by the rules Keapernick wanted. It had to do with him wanting lots of press coverage. So he moved to another location some 30 miles away with little to no notice. The press moved with him but it is doubtful how many from the NFL made the move.

Bombers and Steel City clash in the 107th Grey Cup this coming Sunday. Football in the country that invented it with the appropriate number of players on the proper sized field. Tune in for your viewing pleasure. 8)

A.J. said:
Caustic Burno said:
We now have the Kaepernick of chicken.
Chick Fila took a knee today!

I was really disappointed to see Chick fil a gave into the PC police. I hope this isn't the start of them backing off from the values their founder had.

Reading today seems they are crawfishing somewhat.

Based on merit this is my evaluation of Kaeprnick.
Great Arm and mechanics. He threw out first pitch at MLB game in the mid 90s for a strike.
A running QB that has lost a step as all do with age.
Will take 6 months for him to learn and feel comfortable in a new team's system.
In some locker rooms he could be viewed as a hero leader, but in many more of a distraction.
He may not have the love of the game required. Andrew Luck lost his and retired at 29.
He is worth a 1 yr 6 million dollar "Prove It" contract.
But as a GM, 2 million spent on developing a young QB would be a more appealing option.

I enjoy watching NFL football and won't let a few bad apples ruin it for me.
I get more upset by the Refs than any of the players.
I would enjoy seeing Da Bears sign Kaepernick and watching the Vikings linebackers and D-line
getting their hands on him in December.

Nobody is going to sign him. The workout was staged by the NFL to attempt to head off a lawsuit. Kaepernick will probably sue and have a strong case. The league has historically had no problem with hiring murderers, rapists, child abusers, etc.

son of butch glad to see your post. hadn't noticed any in a while.

buck i don't know anything about this, but what is the strong case kaepernick has?

Son of Butch said:
Based on merit this is my evaluation of Kaeprnick.
Great Arm and mechanics. He threw out first pitch at MLB game in the mid 90s for a strike.
A running QB that has lost a step as all do with age.
Will take 6 months for him to learn and feel comfortable in a new team's system.
In some locker rooms he could be viewed as a hero leader, but in many more of a distraction.
He may not have the love of the game required. Andrew Luck lost his and retired at 29.
He is worth a 1 yr 6 million dollar "Prove It" contract.
But as a GM, 2 million spent on developing a young QB would be a more appealing option.

I enjoy watching NFL football and won't let a few bad apples ruin it for me.
I get more upset by the Refs than any of the players.
I would enjoy seeing Da Bears sign Kaepernick and watching the Vikings linebackers and D-line
getting their hands on him in December.

Amen to that! It's pitiful far too often.

ccr said:
son of butch glad to see your post. hadn't noticed any in a while.

buck i don't know anything about this, but what is the strong case kaepernick has?

He is being blackballed from the league. The NFL claims that teams just aren't interested due to "character concerns", but this is unlikely given that there are teams that currently employ players who have been convicted of child abuse and violent assaults against women. Kaepernick is better than the backup quarterback on most teams, and could probably be a starter for some. He filed a grievance against the NFL through the players union, which the NFL settled for several million dollars.

More recently, his lawyers have threatened to file a lawsuit against the NFL. The NFL responded by offering to host an opportunity for him to work out for team scouts and executives. The workout ended up being a sham, as the NFL refused to allow any media to attend (media normally attends these events) and would not permit Kaepernick or any members of his party to film the workout (also not normal). The NFL also tried to require that he sign a contract that would have prevented him from filing any future lawsuits. These unusual and unreasonable requirements prompted Kaepernick to back out at the last minute.

He is really trying hard to get back in the NFL, could care less about him being blackballed, if he is given a chance to get back in the NFL and had a tryout, I'd change change the location and wear a Kunta Kinte shirt at the tryouts, biggest joke ever.

haase said:
He is really trying hard to get back in the NFL, could care less about him being blackballed, if he is given a chance to get back in the NFL and had a tryout, I'd change change the location and wear a Kunta Kinte shirt at the tryouts, biggest joke ever.

He is a major reason there is #emptyseatsgalore.