Just for fun

Help Support CattleToday:

Probably because I get my media out of Louisville, I got Louisville, Ky. Go Cards. But I also got Columbus, GA.--I guess they say "yard sale" down there too--smart people. And Jackson, Mississippi--because they agree that a "frontage road" is indeed the road that parallels the big road. Congrats to both Jackson and Columbus for having good language skills.

Springfield MO, Wichita KS, and I forget the other.

They were pretty close, Southern IL is a lot more like MO then Illinois.

Salt Lake, Modesto and Stockton

It has been nearly 40 years since I have been to those cities. And then I just drove through?

Jackson, Columbus, Mobile. Passed thru them, never stopped. (well, I did get off one boat in Mobile and right on to another one and back out to blue water if that counts as a stop)

greybeard":3vqk60g8 said:
Jackson, Columbus, Mobile. Passed thru them, never stopped. (well, I did get off one boat in Mobile and right on to another one and back out to blue water if that counts as a stop)

Came as Shreveport, Jackson and Baton Rouge.
Pretty close as my people migrated in from Rankin County Ms.
The other grandpa moved here from La.

alisonb":314inm9y said:
New Yorker :lol:

Do you also talk incredibly fast? Back when there was "directory assistance" on the old rotary telephone I talked with an operator in New York. She remarked on my country drawl. I remarked "say that slower".

They say mine are Tacoma, Spokane, and Anchorage, but that doesn't make sense as the darkest red area is North Dakota and Northern Minnesota, which is bang-on.

It put me in Stockton, Modesto, or Sacramento, CA. Pretty close at four hours away. I think the question about drive thru beer is what isolated me to CA.
If you listened to me speak I'd bet not one of you would guess California regardless of what phrases I use. Non-Texans think I'm from Texas and Texans think it's Oklahoma or Arkansas. It's a Tulare County drawl and is one of the smallest dialects in the world.

sim.-ang.king":2h646pb7 said:

That's funny, I'm an hour from Springfield and I didn't get it.

cow pollinater":3azeak1z said:
It put me in Stockton, Modesto, or Sacramento, CA. Pretty close at four hours away. I think the question about drive thru beer is what isolated me to CA.
If you listened to me speak I'd bet not one of you would guess California regardless of what phrases I use. Non-Texans think I'm from Texas and Texans think it's Oklahoma or Arkansas. It's a Tulare County drawl and is one of the smallest dialects in the world.

Well that's alright and nothing to be ashamed of, if your wife is happy then you should be proud :D

Interesting since I've lived right here except for 2 years in Texas
FEB4436B-D4C5-4921-A23D-AE3C8CAE2337-19080-0000137E3720DECB_zps3e3fc4ca.jpg

I took the quiz twice. They changed a few questions the second round. First time said Little Rock, Chatanooga, Huntsville

I took it again and got Springfield,Kansas City and little rock. I answered everything them same as the first time I took it, but there were some different questions.

cross_7":1blke9xa said:
Well that's alright and nothing to be ashamed of, if your wife is happy then you should be proud :D
:lol: Those of us who share the drawl have a little saying for moments like this... "#$%^ you". :lol:
Besides, navigating a small dialect takes a cunninglinguist. :cboy:

denvermartinfarms":97rc9zme said:
sim.-ang.king":97rc9zme said:

That's funny, I'm an hour from Springfield and I didn't get it.
How do you say crawdad?