Just curious

Help Support CattleToday:

The reason I ask. A girl here has a QH that is 6 she needs to let go. He is healthy and well taken care of, she is just leaving for college. He is about 15H and 15" at his widest. He really looks like a supersize foal. He is well broke has a good personality. He just doesn't look like he should carry much of a rider. I just wondered if he would bulk up anymore.

AL-beef":db7moer1 said:
The reason I ask. A girl here has a QH that is 6 she needs to let go. He is healthy and well taken care of, she is just leaving for college. He is about 15H and 15" at his widest. He really looks like a supersize foal. He is well broke has a good personality. He just doesn't look like he should carry much of a rider. I just wondered if he would bulk up anymore.

"15 inches at his widest." Where are you measuring him? I am having a difficult time picturing a horse that is only a little over a foot wide.

If you are really interested in him, get a veterinarian to evaluate him.

From what you describe, I doubt that he will spread out anymore. Is he wide through his chest or do both front legs appear to come out of the same hole?

0423111812a.jpg

He's just close and cheap. Nothing special just a very calm rideable horse.
I was affraid that was the case though.

For a six-year old, that's pretty narrow... He should be able to pack a cowboy for a few days a month but I wouldn't want to do much heavy work with him. Don't try to rope anything off of him. :D

No offense but I have always heard about both front legs growing out of the same hole. Now I've seen it. Whoever said don't rope off him was right.

I could shift my weight and make him side step while he was walking :lol2: He'd make a great little horse for a young person. My wife don't want him so I passed him on by. Hopefully somebody will give him a good home, he's got a great temperament.

I wonder what his lines are?
Alot of the modern lined cutting and reining horses are very slight animals..and alot of them are narrower in the front (makes it easier for them to spin quicker then a wider horse.