Just felt like sharing this morning

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
This is my horse, he's a QH stallion, we still own him dam. She was AI'd and he was born on our place. I imprinted him at birth and raised and trained him. I think he was just over three when this video was shot my son shot the video, we were at the end of the "war" stage of training a stallion. He's a lap dog now. please don't laugh at the fat guy on the end of the video ...... He's very sensitive. :lol: Warning the video is way too long, a little over 5 minutes. :?

[youtube]T299r6D9dP0[/youtube]

Good looking stallion Alan!

Looks to me like he likes to show off for the camara... good thing he honors that fence line!

Here's a couple of pics; first day out of the stall and when he was a long yearling feeling a bit frisky. Comment or don't just been talking horses with a couple of members and felt like sharing.

TN Cattle Man":eqvqbh2x said:
Good looking stallion Alan!

Looks to me like he likes to show off for the camara... good thing he honors that fence line!

Thanks, he respects the 8000 volts more then the low fence. :lol: When we shot the video I was next to the camera with a lunge whip and we had a mare off camera at the other end of the fence. This was meant as a promotion video back when there was still a horse market. :?

TexasBred":299ykq9l said:
I must admit....I skipped on down the video to watch the "fat guy" in action. :lol: :lol: :help:

:lol: :lol: okay I watched the video for the first time in a very long time this morning and I knew the old fat guy in the video was not me! :shock: What happened to my days of 190lbs playing football and wrestling in school! To steal a line from a movie " HEY TWO YEARS VARISITY!!!"

Now to drink another beer and reminisce. :D

MistyMorning":lpnvlzah said:
He is gorgeous! What power in the hind end! The horse that is. ;-)

:lol: :lol: I'm like a lot of men, when I turned 45 my hind end went to my belly ...... Right TB? :lol:

He is very nice Alan. He is out of a Kay Cee Leaguer daughter, right? He sure is flat kneed and a good mover. Do you ride him?
I like the Zips Chocolate Chip horses, they can be difficult until they are 7 or 8. Not everyone gets along with them. We have two. If you can make it through the juvenile years, you end up with an amazing horse.
Thanks for sharing the video.

chippie":1e4ddqzw said:
He is very nice Alan. He is out of a Kay Cee Leaguer daughter, right? He sure is flat kneed and a good mover. Do you ride him?
I like the Zips Chocolate Chip horses, they can be difficult until they are 7 or 8. Not everyone gets along with them. We have two. If you can make it through the juvenile years, you end up with an amazing horse.
Thanks for sharing the video.

Thanks Chippie, yes the mare is a Kay Cee leaguer daughter, she is the sorrel in the pic I posted as him as a foal. The sorrel mare's dam is a full sister to a horse named "Triples". You can google him or PM me for more details.

He was a handful when he was younger ( as goes my "war years" comment) but a long ways from the hardest stud I have raised or handled. Although you are right in saying as he got older he is a nicer horse to handle and deal with as a stallion.

I have only been on him twice, :oops: :oops: , he is way too much horse for me at this time under saddle. I'm turning 55 yrs old and way to old to bounce. I have seen him on a dead run go about 3 ft off the ground a turn about 240 degrees ( much more than 180 degrees ) while 3 feet in the air and land and continue on the run. No I'm not getting on again, I have a gelding to ride. :D He is very athletic and very easy to handle in hand, I'm just not willing to be broken for a while. :lol: :lol:

I'll try to get a good pic of him in the next couple of days, it's been too long since I snap a recent pic of him.

Alan

Alan":o4lctijl said:
This is my horse, he's a QH stallion, we still own him dam. She was AI'd and he was born on our place. I imprinted him at birth and raised and trained him. I think he was just over three when this video was shot my son shot the video, we were at the end of the "war" stage of training a stallion. He's a lap dog now. please don't laugh at the fat guy on the end of the video ...... He's very sensitive. :lol: Warning the video is way too long, a little over 5 minutes. :?

Is he gimpy in the left rear in that video or is it just me ?

cross_7":nvfuc15u said:
Alan":nvfuc15u said:

Is he gimpy in the left rear in that video or is it just me ?

No he was fine and has never been lame, that video is about three years old.

[/quote]

He's sure enough an athlete
Thought he'd appeared to have some discomfort coming out of the corner

3waycross":1b8ammb9 said:
Good horse Alan and he moves well. He have much speed?

:lol: :lol: , I'm too old to find out, plenty athletic and lots of strength. I need to find some youngster with lots of horse skills and more balls than brains to let him out..... I would still probably say no though.

cross_7":2679bc4r said:

He's sure enough an athlete
Thought he'd appeared to have some discomfort coming out of the corner[/quote]

I looked at the video and I think I know where you are talking about, I looked like he stepped In a hole right off the turn. I had someone holding a mare off camera at the far end and I was at the other end, we both had lunge whips. He was three in the video and plenty active ...... The end of the "days of war" with him. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks all for the comments.