Just a little fish.....

Help Support CattleToday:

robert

Reaction score
in a big pond, but for what it's worth we're having our 3rd joint production sale on October 10th, you can see the sale book at http://www.tullyfergus.com/forsale.htm

comments and criticisms all welcome! :D

edited as we converted the sale book to html so it loads faster and directly on the website page rather than having to download a large pdf file.

robert":1u38uaqf said:
in a big pond, but for what it's worth we're having our 3rd joint production sale on October 10th, you can see the sale book at http://www.tullyfergus.com/10-09_Catalog.pdf

No criticism here. I like the dam's production info that you've provided. Good luck with the sale....

One question, though, how have you liked the Newsline bull?

Newsline has worked extremely well for us, better than any other 036 line bull we've tried by a long shot, they are generally thicker butted, wider based than for example 095 and Grand Design, temperaments are great, udder quality is excellent, scrotal development very good and overall more moderate framed than their dams. We used him mostly on EXT, Explorer and New Day daughters. I'd say that the lot 3 bull is one of the best Newlines we've had, his full sister is a yearling we've shown successfully this year.

A cold, wet start to the day gradually improved to a cool, sunny afternoon for our 3rd Joint Production sale with Fleur de lis Farms and McCracken Vu Angus, not a lot of cattle but enough to bring a crowd of both new and repeat buyers / bidders and folks interested in our little enterprise.

Cattle were penned in groups, herd bull prospects, cow/calf, bred heifers and commercial heifer calves. In addition we had our herd bulls on display and some halter broke heifer calves and steer prospects.

Herd bull Prospects.
Lot 2, Tullyfergus Faraday 39, a 1/6/09 Boyd New Day out of Tullyfergus Forever Lady 274 who is a pathfinder cow by Right Time. Sold to Sam Campbell, Gowanda, NY for $2400 2/3 interest, full possesion.

Lot 1, Tullfergus Beauregard 29, a 1/4/09 BCC Bushwacker 41-93 out of a 004 daughter to repeat customer Jay Anderson, Amsterdam, NY. for $2300

Lot 3, Tullyfergus Editor 59, a 1/8/09 Lemmon Newsline C804 out of a Rally bred EXT daughter to Gary Thompson, Bath, NY for $2200

Show heifer prospects.
Lot 14, Tullyfergus Quine 69, a january Traveler 004 calf to Bill Kuippers, Wil-mar Farms, NY. for $1225

Lot 13, Tullyfergus Blackbird 49, a january BCC Bushwacker 41-93 to Kuippers for $1175

Cow/Calf Pairs.
Lot 22, Fleur de lis Burgess 5ND3, a 4yo daughter of SAV New Day 2317 bred to Tullyfergus Barnstormer 158 to Montour, Gowanda, NY. $1500, her 5/2/09 heifer calf by McCumber Total Value 523 (MTV) to Ice Brook Farms, Ithaca, NY for $900. Lot value $2400

Lot 21, FDL Beros Maid ER6, a 3yo Tullyfergus 8005 Eros 104 daughter bred to Barnstormer 158 to Montour for $1500. Her April MTV heifer calf to Ice Brook for $900, lot value $2400

Bred Heifers.
Lot 25 McCracken Vu Blackette 255 by Bando 0699 and due 3/7/10 to Final Answer with sexed heifer semen to Stephen Crandall, Truxton, NY. $1500 (two other heifers from McCracken Vu sold for the same price to Anderson and Montour)

Commercial heifer calves from Fleur de lis average 97c/lb.

Pick of the Pathfinders flush sold to Rally Farms, Millbrook, NY for $1300.

Haven't figured out the averages yet...............I think if I re-lot everything now and cook the books a little we can safely say around $10,000 per lot

http://www.tullyfergus.com
"I had the Right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability" Ron 'Tater salad' White

robert":1zgu65fo said:
in a big pond, but for what it's worth we're having our 3rd joint production sale on October 10th, you can see the sale book at http://www.tullyfergus.com/forsale.htm

edited as we converted the sale book to html so it loads faster and directly on the website page rather than having to download a large pdf file.

Isn't there no advertizements on the board?

no idea, seemed like everyone and their brother was advertizing their upcoming sales, thought I was doing likewise and followed up with a sale report.

No one (ie moderator or others) told me to remove the post / thread so it remained. If I had been asked to remove it I would have done so, however if it was in contravention of board rules the moderators would have been within their rights to delete it also.

One thing I would also mention is that the posting resulted in zero inquiries for sale books or cattle, and only one question regarding bloodlines we've used, so personally I'm thinking it's a good job this forum is free!!!

The subtitle of this section is "Discuss upcoming sales and sale results". Hard to draw a line between that and "advertising".