Joint Supplements

Help Support CattleToday:

show steer up

Reaction score
What joint supplement does everyone use :???:
I was using one from AniMed called show flex, worked great but they no longer carry it :(
Have been looking and found one called Natural stride and in the discription it stated "does not contain glucosamine or MSM" This is what I have been using for years. Does anyone know if there has been a problem with giving glucosamine and MSM to cattle in a join supplements?

I think some companies are trying to stay away from products that have not been designated for cattle, not sure if glucosamine does anything to harm the meat, I doubt it, but if it is off label and you were to get disqualified from a show for it, they may fear that you might seek legal action from them for selling it for cattle.

I did notice that on the Grow and Shine web page, they removed the attachment that went to an article about using it on cattle to improve hair growth.

We are currently using the Natural Stride, calf is moving fine, but he was not real bad to begin with.

Do you use grow and shine and have you noticed a diff. in the coats.
We started using it this year, had them on it for a month. I have noticed a diff. in the coats this year but not growth. They are a little quieter in the barn and I expected that :D

As for the joint supplement, I'm shocked not more people use one. Seams to me that putting them in a cooler barn everyone would be using them. Thought we would have some real knowledgeable people on her about it :) Maybe not as many people that I thought use cooler barns or keep them tied up as long as we do, every day.

Latest posts