Jogeephus - Blue

Help Support CattleToday:

inyati13

Reaction score
Jo, I told you that when I urinate; Blue runs over quickly before I am finished and expresses his dominance/territory by over-trumping my claim to the ground by peeing on my feet. You and several others said he needs to be broken of that. Well, I broke him of that. He now watches with envy in his eyes but he knows he will get a scolding or the smart end of the riding crop if he does. He has moved down the hierarchy by over-trumping right where a cow urinates. They don't seem to know what it means so they don't mind. He continues to pee on anyone visiting and I don't want to break him of that. I enjoy having some of my visitors urinated on by my dog. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Inyati, I never encouraged you to stop him from doing this. Blue should have the right to pee on anyone he wants to. Just like that don't ask don't tell policy only completely different but you have to admit they do share similar differences.

I would get bit, or hurt my back kicking at him if he tried that over here. Every heeler I've seen has been really cocky.

Mine won't pee on me or people but he sure will mark every tire that hits the place.........even with it rolling. And he will bite anybody that handles him unless I tell him it is ok. He will also attack anything or anybody if I tell him to. As a test I sic'd him on the tractor which was just sitting there and not running or anything. He went nuts biting the tires. Heelers are interesting animals for sure.

HOSS":od7ftpw1 said:
Mine won't pee on me or people but he sure will mark every tire that hits the place.........even with it rolling. And he will bite anybody that handles him unless I tell him it is ok. He will also attack anything or anybody if I tell him to. As a test I sic'd him on the tractor which was just sitting there and not running or anything. He went nuts biting the tires. Heelers are interesting animals for sure.

They have a complete fascination with "tires". I put new tires on my F-350 this summer. I knew Blue often attacks them but the Guy at TireWorld warned me that he had bitten too deep in a couple of spots. I now watch him and have broken him of biting my tires but anything else rolling on tires and he still goes after them. I suspect it has to do with the "Heeling" breeding in them. I have a piece of conveyor belt I hook behind the utility vehile and use it to skid things around that I cannot lift. He attacks it so viciously that I wonder if he is going to rip his teeth out. They are interesting for sure.

Maybe you need a tire rigged up with a hot wire. Also put some burlap behind the UTV for him to chase and grab. When he gets a good grip on it floorboard the thing and try to pull his teeth out. Turn hard to either side too and see if you can't swing him out like a water skier. Might not break him but I would be laughing my ass off. When you finish laughing to over there and show him just how high you can pizz on that tree or tire and let him spend the remainder of the day trying to "outgun" you.

TexasBred":2reqradm said:
Maybe you need a tire rigged up with a hot wire. Also put some burlap behind the UTV for him to chase and grab. When he gets a good grip on it floorboard the thing and try to pull his teeth out. Turn hard to either side too and see if you can't swing him out like a water skier. Might not break him but I would be laughing my ass off. When you finish laughing to over there and show him just how high you can pizz on that tree or tire and let him spend the remainder of the day trying to "outgun" you.
:D :nod:

When I was a boy the neighbors nuisance dog used to chase my car and bite at the tires when I drove by. I took an old rag and pinched it in the hubcap. Drove by real slow so the rag just went flop flop flop, then when he got a good hold of it did one heck of a burn out. Broke him of that.

I sure do miss my heeler by the way. Except the peeing on everything. He got the Christmas presents one year. Wife wasn't too happy.

Once had a lab that liked to urinate on everything including one leg on the bbq pit. That leg finally gave way. Turned a craftsman tool box into a lump of rust too.