Joe Beaver..

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
Did his words offend you ?
When words reach down to the HS rodeo level and hurt feelings.
We have a problem.
Either rodeo has been taken over by 5 acre city roper types or we have become weak to the core

No, but he is married to the daughter of Willie Head. Mrs. Jenna Elizabeth Head Beaver.

With names like:

Willie
Beaver
Head

I am sure someone is going to be offended.
:lol:

Son of Butch":ol902j1b said:
Cross-7":ol902j1b said:
Think you must think he is much more important than most.... I have no idea what his words were...
and if not important enough to post 'em not going to search 'em just to see if I'm offended.
Hell Butch I don't evenknow who Beaver is. Guess I need to get out more or hang out in the coffee shops more.

TexasBred":1eqk5alh said:
Son of Butch":1eqk5alh said:
Cross-7":1eqk5alh said:
Think you must think he is much more important than most.... I have no idea what his words were...
and if not important enough to post 'em not going to search 'em just to see if I'm offended.
be nice Butch I don't evenknow who Beaver is. Guess I need to get out more or hang out in the coffee shops more.

When I hear Joe Beaver I think about Jo and his next meal :lol: ...yes I know who Joe Beaver is ...calf roper, or use to be. No clue to his comments, but doesn't seem to be an impact to many.

I seen his speech, about the time it went up. I knew when I seen it, the rain clouds would pour poop. Personally I have said the same thing many times. Not just about Texas. Many states finals are tougher than the National Finals.

Not because the people in other states suck, they don't have access to many things a kid in Texas would.

Kentucky vs Texas rodeo
1. Weather is a big advantage for Texas, as is covered arenas when weather is bad.
2. Access to qualified help/coaches/clinics. Not that many people around bring much to the party to help ya. We just don't have a lot of talent or experience here.
3. Hot and cold running horses there, as opposed to here.

I wasn't offended and the truth didn't hurt. There is a large number of people involved in rodeo now a days that don't fit the mold. We actually quit the NHSRA. I would say in large part the other families were what I would call the horse show crowd. Switched to open rodeos for stiffer competition. Iron sharpens iron sort of thing.

Sorry
It's been all over media and assumed everyone knew.
Beaver has something like 8 world titles and qualified for the NFR 18 times.
He announces for the NFR every year. He is from Texas and a very type A guy.
Google it but he was talking to the kids at the Texas HS National finals and said something to the affect that they were the best talent out there and they'd make kids from other states look stupid

Cross-7":18j4vwc5 said:
Sorry
It's been all over media and assumed everyone knew.
Beaver has something like 8 world titles and qualified for the NFR 18 times.
He announces for the NFR every year. He is from Texas and a very type A guy.
Google it but he was talking to the kids at the Texas HS National finals and said something to the affect that they were the best talent out there and they'd make kids from other states look stupid

I didn't know who he was so I Googled him and read his bio. It struck me as funny that his wife keeps her maiden name which makes her "Head Beaver". :lol:

Bigfoot":3mmtov4f said:
I seen his speech, about the time it went up. I knew when I seen it, the rain clouds would pour poop. Personally I have said the same thing many times. Not just about Texas. Many states finals are tougher than the National Finals.

Not because the people in other states suck, they don't have access to many things a kid in Texas would.

Kentucky vs Texas rodeo
1. Weather is a big advantage for Texas, as is covered arenas when weather is bad.
2. Access to qualified help/coaches/clinics. Not that many people around bring much to the party to help ya. We just don't have a lot of talent or experience here.
3. Hot and cold running horses there, as opposed to here.

I wasn't offended and the truth didn't hurt. There is a large number of people involved in rodeo now a days that don't fit the mold. We actually quit the NHSRA. I would say in large part the other families were what I would call the horse show crowd. Switched to open rodeos for stiffer competition. Iron sharpens iron sort of thing.

Very similar to the big armed athletes from the Houston area.
Warm climate allows for year around play and development.
Say you get 1 hot shot out of a 1000
With the population of Houston vs rural America they are going to turn more prospects.
The size of Texas vs smaller states
Of course they have an advantage.
No to mention the popularity of rodeo in Texas.
Rodeo is big in east Texas with people that don't know which end of a cow gets up first.
Walk into NRS and see the kids wearing spurs, big buckles and flat billed Hurley caps.
But I digress

wacocowboy":fa1697lb said:
Beaver has a big mouth nothing new.

And 8 gold buckles ;-)
Edit
The phrase another great coined Fred Whitfield
" Gold buckles don't lie "

wacocowboy":1oyrsbsi said:
Cross-7":1oyrsbsi said:
wacocowboy":1oyrsbsi said:
Beaver has a big mouth nothing new.

And 8 gold buckles ;-)
Edit
The phrase another great coined Fred Whitfield
" Gold buckles don't lie "

I respect the Gold Buckles but I have been around Rodeo for a long time.
If he was an a$$hole before he won the buckles he probably still is.

I quoted Joe wrong
He said Texas has the best horses
Bring your horses here and we'll make them look stupid.
He said a top qualifier in another state wouldnt be good enough to qualify in Texas.
I took it as a motivational speak to a group of kids to not be discouraged to chase a dream of a rodeo career.
He said the Texas HS finals was the toughest out there and if they could win there then they could win anywhere.
I thought it was a good speech and could be given to kids in any state.
Don't be afraid to chase your dreams type talk

Judge for yourself
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0653814090

Cross-7":w42rq2n9 said:
I quoted Joe wrong
He said Texas has the best horses
Bring your horses here and we'll make them look stupid.
He said a top qualifier in another state wouldnt be good enough to qualify in Texas.
I took it as a motivational speak to a group of kids to not be discouraged to chase a dream of a rodeo career.
He said the Texas HS finals was the toughest out there and if they could win there then they could win anywhere.
I thought it was a good speech and could be given to kids in any state.
Don't be afraid to chase your dreams type talk

Judge for yourself
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0653814090

As previously stated, I agree with his comments. The NHSRA is set up all wrong. Your best athletes aren't necessarily the ones at finals.

I traveled with a guy who had one of those gold buckles. With another guy who has a small pile of them. Winning one of those doesn't make you a rocket scientist or morally superior or even a person to respect. Is Joe right..... if you are talking calf ropers he probably is. Bull riders? Yes but to a lesser extent. Bronc riders? You better go further north. Steer wrestlers are from all over the map. Team ropers, go to California or Arizona. Can chasers? Who knows I always took that time to go get a hot dog and a soda.

I heard a little discontent about it. But, if you've been around many barrel racers, from anywhere, you know that any kind of drama is better than no drama at all.

Latest posts