JD 5300

Help Support CattleToday:

fit2btied

Reaction score
Looked at a JD 5300 this morning. It is a one family, father/son tractor with 2705 hrs. The son is an auto/farm equipment mechanic. The tractor looks to be in near new condition and was always shedded. 3 cyl. diesel, shuttle shift - 9 forward - 3 reverse, 2WD, rollbar w/canopy, FEL with 6' bucket, pallet forks, and bale spear, decent tires, two sets of hydraulic remotes to the rear, all lights and guages work. It should be enough tractor to do anything I would ever need to do. He was asking $17,000, which is pretty much in line with what is on tractorhouse.com. Got him to come down to $15,500. Trying to decide what to do. This would be a 'rest of my life' tractor and should last for the boys also. Will talk to him again Monday and see if he'll take my IH 454 in trade. If not, I know he would put it on his lot on consignment. Thoughts? Would you or not? Thanks.

We bought a 5300 just like this minus the loader new in 1993. We have put around 3500 hrs on it with only some minor electrical trouble. We have put a turn signal and starter switch on it, so nothing to complain about. We mainly use it to rake with and works great for that. We have used it to pull a 5x4 baler and it does good as long as you are on flat ground, it runs out of oomph when you start up a hill. In short it is a good reliable tractor so far.

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday to me!
Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday to me!

I asked the wife if she would like to buy me this tractor for my birthday today. She indicated that that was not going to happen. Soooooooo, I bought it myself. Now, I can hardly wait to see what she is going to get me! :banana: :bday: :banana:

fit2btied":256tc4h2 said:

I asked the wife if she would like to buy me this tractor for my birthday today. She indicated that that was not going to happen. Soooooooo, I bought it myself. Now, I can hardly wait to see what she is going to get me! :banana: :bday: :banana:

Last visited: Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:46 am
Well....he was still alive early this morning :lol: :lol: :lol:

1982vett":3gree4k1 said:
fit2btied":3gree4k1 said:

:lol:

1982vett":1pp126kn said:
fit2btied":1pp126kn said:

How do you know when someone visits if they don't post?

Van, you can click on their screen name and it will take you to their profile....a various amount of information is available along with the last time they visited.

Around 4:30 am on the 15th and still OK. :) The tractor is just a hair over 5 miles from my house, with only the last half mile or so on a major road. It's too wide for my trailer so I'll probably just drive it home. She still loves me enough that she said she would feel better and it would be safer for me if I let her follow me in the truck. :heart: Since I already paid for it, I'm fairly sure she wouldn't try to run over me. :)

1982vett":1nn1n4ex said:
Van, you can click on their screen name and it will take you to their profile....a various amount of information is available along with the last time they visited.

Thanks, vett. Been on here 5 1/2 years and didn't know that. :dunce:

Latest posts