JBS cyberattack, shut down

Help Support CattleToday:

Is it another ploy by the big four to manipulate prices?

Did anyone hear Glen Beck today talking about how the deck is stacked against the farmer/rancher by the meat monopoly?

We'll get lower prices for live cattle.. isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes?
Caught between perceived health, environmental issues and sky high corn prices plus some torn up equipment. Anyone else would be sipping umbrella drinks in the Caribbean but NOT US!

We'll get lower prices for live cattle.. isn't that the way it ALWAYS goes?
Yep. I was talking to a guy today, and he was talking about how he heard beef prices were about to go up. I told him I'm sure they were about to go up at the store, but down for the producer. He was surprised the prices didn't correlate with each other. I told him that's the way it usually goes, and most people have no idea.

That sounds like a super risky move to actually do that on purpose. With Walmart and others buying up their own supply chains and the explosion of freezer beef sales they may not be missed.

Not sure about other countries but it's amazing how fast capital and other resources will jump in to fill a gap if the demand is there.

maybe someday food will see inflation before everything else.. price of vehicles, including used crap has sure gone up, no one wants to deal with all the emissions problems on this new stuff, regardless of brand. it won't be long before my 1993 Dodge is worth more than it was new with 300K on the clock.
I do think suddenly food prices are going to go up drastically, just exactly when is the big question

Hmm
Makes you wonder how much more meat jbs will import from Brazil