jb dcc custom 538s

Help Support CattleToday:

rocket2222

Reaction score
Interesting looking bull, anybody used him or seen any of his calves.

jbcustom.jpg

What is his reg. number? Is he listed on any websites? I'd like to see some of his offspring. I really like how shortmarked he is and his pigment.

Interesting linebred pedigree with a 19% inbreeding coefficient. I really like the looks of him as well.

My concern is that he's one of only two registered progeny by his sire and the only registered calf from his dam. And he only has 8 registered offspring so far. There's not enough information there to make me want to use him yet.

George

shouldnt the dam have 4 caves by now? She is a 04 model so she should of calved in 06,07,08,09

The bull is a 06 so is this her first calf? maybe I am not reading something right?

JHH":1ukm8fje said:
How did you find him rocket?

I was cleaning out a bunch of old sale catalogs and old Hereford Worlds, I thumbed through some of them to see why I'd kept them and ran across his picture, he was in a spring 08 Deshazer sale. I couldn't seem to get in to the AHA site yesterday for some reason, and I thought he was a good enough looking bull to post here and see if anyone knew anything about him.

He looks pretty-I'd rather see a pic this August after he;s bred some cows-doesn't strike me as being a poster boy for Jans Bonsma. But hey he's 19 percent inbred just like the stars of Deliverance!!!

rocket2222":3qrtemqu said:
Herefords.US":3qrtemqu said:
Here's a picture of his (double-bred) grandsire, Anchor Braxton:
anchor_braxton.jpg

George

Good find, he don't look to bad.

I've always liked the looks of the Anchor cattle that I've seen pictures of - one of those ranches I'd like to visit!

George

Northern Rancher":2s8rp457 said:
He looks pretty-I'd rather see a pic this August after he;s bred some cows-doesn't strike me as being a poster boy for Jans Bonsma. But hey he's 19 percent inbred just like the stars of Deliverance!!!

Hey, the sale catalog says he'd just finished breeding 30 two year olds in 4 days, and the only thing he had to eat was an old box of cornflakes they found in the back of a kitchen cabinet..... plus minerals of coarse. :lol:

rocket2222":nzsjn7h3 said:
Northern Rancher":nzsjn7h3 said:

Hey, the sale catalog says he'd just finished breeding 30 two year olds in 4 days, and the only thing he had to eat was an old box of cornflakes they found in the back of a kitchen cabinet..... plus minerals of coarse. :lol:

This made me laugh. :lol2:

Herefords.US":25082gaj said:
Interesting linebred pedigree with a 19% inbreeding coefficient. I really like the looks of him as well.

My concern is that he's one of only two registered progeny by his sire and the only registered calf from his dam. And he only has 8 registered offspring so far. There's not enough information there to make me want to use him yet.

George

Where do you get the information that he is 19% inbred?

alexfarms":349it6c5 said:

John, it's one of the NEW features of the AHA EPD database. You must log in, then you can get the inbreeding coefficient by putting the sire's and dam's registration numbers in the "mating predictor".

For instance, by putting his sire's and dam's REG numbers in, I found out that your 71J bull has a 49% inbreeding coefficient.

George

Northern Rancher":j863ysky said:
:cowboy: ... your figures are way off... they were 100%... and year's of "haphazard" breeding

Herefords.US":3vx5axob said:
alexfarms":3vx5axob said:

John, it's one of the NEW features of the AHA EPD database. You must log in, then you can get the inbreeding coefficient by putting the sire's and dam's registration numbers in the "mating predictor".

For instance, by putting his sire's and dam's REG numbers in, I found out that your 71J bull has a 49% inbreeding coefficient.

George

O my!!.....and me home with a sick day. They must have invented this just to keep my mind occupied. I am gonna have some fun with this.

alexfarms":15qbcfmw said:
O my!!.....and me home with a sick day. They must have invented this just to keep my mind occupied. I am gonna have some fun with this.

Enjoy! I've had a LOT of fun with it in the last month. Mainly, I've figured out that I've still got a ways to go to get my cowherd where I want it. But what's another dozen years or so when you're having fun! :lol2:

George

On the front cover of Jim Lents' Holiday Edition of THE LAMPLIGHTER is a picture of LENTS LAMPLIGHTER 4, who according to the AHA mating predictor tool has an inbreeding coefficient of 62%. Mr Lents has always claimed to have one of the most linebred lines and it appears that is so.

Latest posts