Jack Glover

Help Support CattleToday:

John Reb

Reaction score
Any of you know of Jack Glover? I was in San Antonio several years ago with the military, and came upon the Cowboy Museum across from The Alamo. Saw this fella rolling out a full size fiberglass (plastic?) horse onto the sidewalk, and cut a trail right over to him. Did not know who he was at the time, but after visiting with him for a spell I found that he had written a book I had back at the house. It was the "Bobbed Wire Bible". I was beside myself to have had the opportunity to meet him. I bet I spent four hours walking around the shop with "Cowboy Jack" educating me on so much of western history. Ended up buying some bundles of Devils Rope from him, and almost purchased a pair of old boots he had there. He was a helluva nice fella.... I recall him having a skeleton of some kind of Mexicano critter that sucked blood from livestock? Jack swore up and down it was true... Went back to San Antonio a few years afterwards and Jack was gone. Asked a lady at The Alamo about him and she said that she had heard Jack went somewhere up in the Pan Handle (?). I came back home and "searched" the internet, imagine that, and learned that Jack was not only an author of books, but was also an acclaimed sculptor. He has many noted works on Western history. Where is Cowboy Jack?

John Reb":d7wh0qld said:
Any of you know of Jack Glover? I was in San Antonio several years ago with the military, and came upon the Cowboy Museum across from The Alamo. Saw this fella rolling out a full size fiberglass (plastic?) horse onto the sidewalk, and cut a trail right over to him. Did not know who he was at the time, but after visiting with him for a spell I found that he had written a book I had back at the house. It was the "Bobbed Wire Bible". I was beside myself to have had the opportunity to meet him. I bet I spent four hours walking around the shop with "Cowboy Jack" educating me on so much of western history. Ended up buying some bundles of Devils Rope from him, and almost purchased a pair of old boots he had there. He was a helluva nice fella.... I recall him having a skeleton of some kind of Mexicano critter that sucked blood from livestock? Jack swore up and down it was true... Went back to San Antonio a few years afterwards and Jack was gone. Asked a lady at The Alamo about him and she said that she had heard Jack went somewhere up in the Pan Handle (?). I came back home and "searched" the internet, imagine that, and learned that Jack was not only an author of books, but was also an acclaimed sculptor. He has many noted works on Western history. Where is Cowboy Jack?

The Chupacabra.....who is also first cousin to the cucuee(sp.)

Yep, the Goat Sucker. When the grankids come to visit from Tenn and La, that's how I keep them from wandering out of the yard too far. "The Chupacabras will getcha out there!!"

There was "supposedly" one found or killed in one of the neighboring counties a few years ago, and a mysterious blue skinned dog found down in Cuero further back than that '07 I think..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/2 ... 05887.html