I've noticed

Help Support CattleToday:

ibetyamissedme

Reaction score
Minnesotas number 1 hog producing county.
I've noticed after reading the snake post that even after some people can find no credible information or facts to substantiate their claims they will continue to to argue. Why would someone continue to argue against the historical facts? I'm not starting this to pick on the snake person, I've seen it so many other times as well.

There are people that just simply enjoy confrontation. It gives them a rush of adrenaline that they like. As with a good debate. However, it takes skill to carry on a good debate and not look foolish.

Then there are those people that enjoy making others look and feel inferior. (They to get an ego boost, by looking better than you.)

There are also those that just have to "have the last word." they will feel the need to always come back with something, no matter how redundant it is.

We all have our days, but I pray every day to be a better person and not fall into any of the above habits. :D

An argument is to settle who is right - a discussion settles what is right. :2cents:

branguscowgirl":uhpsj5yo said:
There are people that just simply enjoy confrontation. It gives them a rush of adrenaline that they like. As with a good debate. However, it takes skill to carry on a good debate and not look foolish.

Then there are those people that enjoy making others look and feel inferior. (They to get an ego boost, by looking better than you.)

There are also those that just have to "have the last word." they will feel the need to always come back with something, no matter how redundant it is.

We all have our days, but I pray every day to be a better person and not fall into any of the above habits. :D
Key word being "good" debate..
Not sure if it is ego or narcissism.
"In before the lock!!"

CottageFarm":35afdch2 said:
ANAZAZI":35afdch2 said:
An argument is to settle who is right - a discussion settles what is right. :2cents:

Well said!
an argument I feel is usually to clear the air, as often no one is right or wrong, and some no matter what will never back down even if they are found to be wrong, a debate will settle what is right, not wanting to start a row. JMO

chrisy":2bxhe6gg said:
CottageFarm":2bxhe6gg said:
ANAZAZI":2bxhe6gg said:

Well said!
an argument I feel is usually to clear the air, as often no one is right or wrong, and some no matter what will never back down even if they are found to be wrong, a debate will settle what is right, not wanting to start a row. JMO
I disagree with that ridiculous assessment and to be honest, I have no idea what part of left field you pulled it out of.
There--now the air is clear.
:hide: ;-) :p :p

Latest posts