I've been lucky

Help Support CattleToday:

wbvs58

Reaction score
I've sold 6 of the 8 bulls I wanted to sell. I got $8000 for my 2 yr old, another 2 Yearlings (13 mths) brought $6000 ea, 1 yearling at $5000 and 2 yearlings at $4000 ea. I consider myself very lucky to have unloaded these and to get those prices, the bottom has fallen out of the cattle market here, the forecast for rain for summer is not good and everyone is windy about buying cattle, processors are still struggling trying to get labour. I have 2 other yearling bulls I am using for cleaning up and the 2 I still have for sale I'll put out with a couple of small groups of cows to get them out of my hair for now and if a breeder sale comes up they can go in that.
I'll probably only develop a couple of bull calves each year from now on for my own use and then sell them afterwards, I think I have had enough of developing and marketing bulls.

Ken

I cant believe the east is crashing again, too soon since last drought. Having a dry spring here in the west and many crops inland are lost. Big fire out at Corrigin today, very early in season for a bushfire.