It's raining!

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice

Reaction score
Right this very minute it's actually raining! I'm so excited!

Alice

All this talk about rain has got me excited! Our pastures could sure use it.

ranch_hands.JPG

feeding_cows.JPG

got ~1/4" last night. hope lots of others got lots of rain, too.

Well, it turns out we hardly got enough to measure...bit it was rain...and I sure ain't gonna throw rocks at it.

May everyone here get the rain they need...and soon...

Alice

warpaint":399obq2c said:
Hey Bobcat!
That red cow in the bottom pic with the nice set of horns, aint gettin enough to drink. She needs to come to Tenn. desperately! :)

Bring a trailer down here and I bet we could make a deal! ;-)

TXBobcat":1voj4l18 said:
warpaint":1voj4l18 said:
Hey Bobcat!
That red cow in the bottom pic with the nice set of horns, aint gettin enough to drink. She needs to come to Tenn. desperately! :)

Bring a trailer down here and I bet we could make a deal! ;-)

Oh how I wish I could! But with the lack of rain at home, I just have enough pasture left to feed the ones I have. The wife called this morning and said that our spring was very low. As we are not on city water this is a big problem.

Ryan":2yxp7c7j said:

I didn't get near that. The rain gauge is empty, but we did get a little. Certainly didn't need a slicker (rain coat)

Speaking of slickers, I guess mine is still behind the back seat. I haven't look at it in a very long time. It is prolly dry rotted. I bet none of the stores around here have sold many in the last couple of years!

backhoeboogie":6bscyni6 said:
Ryan":6bscyni6 said:

I didn't get near that. The rain gauge is empty, but we did get a little. Certainly didn't need a slicker (rain coat)

Speaking of slickers, I guess mine is still behind the back seat. I haven't look at it in a very long time. It is prolly dry rotted. I bet none of the stores around here have sold many in the last couple of years!

Well, at least you haven't started to smell it yet...I hope!

Alice

wish I could send you ours, we have had nothing but rain in the last few weeks, yesterday we got three inches, and today an inch, the rain butt in the garden is near full from this week alone. We could do with a little sun back, its not cold for us anyway, maybe for you, just wet.

It poured all during the night. It has been raining this a.m. I haven't got to the rain gauges yet but they should be significant.

I can brush hog down all the dead stuff now. Fire hazards are no longer a worry.

backhoeboogie":2nfazr5p said:
It poured all during the night. It has been raining this a.m. I haven't got to the rain gauges yet but they should be significant.

I can brush hog down all the dead stuff now. Fire hazards are no longer a worry.

Congratulations. I'm so glad for you. I hope we ALL get more as soon as this has had time to be absorbed. :D

TXBobcat":dti45b2a said:
.7" down here in Bosque county. Hope to get some more today. :D

Rained off and on yesterday, then rained really hard about 9:30 last night. Don't know how long it lasted. It started this morning about 6:00 and hasn't quit. I'm positively euphoric...nothing could get me down or tick me off today...not even, well nevermind.

Alice