It's Hi-Mag time again!

Help Support CattleToday:

Crowderfarms

Reaction score
Dont forget to start putting out Hi-Mag Minerals soon if you have not already. We're a day closer to Spring, and the grass is fixin' to start growing.Remember, Cattle cant store Magnesium and must be given it per "dosage" AKA, free choice.

Thanks for the reminder, bought some today. Can't wait for the greenies so I can quit putting out so much hay.

Crowderfarms":xe2qumu3 said:
Dont forget to start putting out Hi-Mag Minerals soon if you have not already. We're a day closer to Spring, and the grass is fixin' to start growing.Remember, Cattle cant store Magnesium and must be given it per "dosage" AKA, free choice.

I'd also recommend putting out the kind with IGR as it's never too early to start controlling flies.

About 2 weeks ago I put a bag of high mag in the bottom of a 'dun barrel' and another bag of hay/dormant forage mineral on top. They are just now getting down to some of the high mag stuff. Grass is not doing much, if anything, here yet.

May I ask why you have to put out Hi-mag? I don't really know alot about this stuff.

sewall":1iwnybsz said:
May I ask why you have to put out Hi-mag? I don't really know alot about this stuff.

Hi Mag Minerals prevent grass Tetanus, that can cause illness and/or death in Cattle grazing Spring Grasses.

Crowderfarms":3bgx0v25 said:
sewall":3bgx0v25 said:

Hi Mag Minerals prevent grass Tetanus, that can cause illness and/or death in Cattle grazing Spring Grasses.

Grass tetany vice grass tetanus.

Latest posts