Its been a while

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Been a while since we've had as wet of a spring as we are enjoying now. Just a few weeks ago we got 10 inches. From then on we have had steady heavy rains every week it seems. Its been raining all day and at times its been really heavy. I suspect we will get at least 3 inches today. Had a lot of work planned for Monday but this kills that but I'm not complaining cause it wasn't too long ago the pastures were crunching under your feet this time of year. Hope those that need it will get what they need. Its been nice.

Personally I'll be okay but I'm having a real hard time driving by my neighbors' places and not cutting a hole in a few fences. We had an okay fall and then nothing. It's mid April and looks more like mid-June.
Here on the valley floor locally well water is a way of life as almost all of our crops are either evergreen or summer harvest and we live in an area where it doesn't rain for eight months out of the year so crop wise we should be okay as long as the water table holds up but the wetter parts of the state where they rely on ditch water are going to suffer bad.
Jo, you've had more rain in the last few weeks than we get in a good year.

My place in Texas got a little over 7 inches over the past week or so, while places around us got next to nothing. Almost 6 inches came in 4 hours one night, my back yard was a foot under water, and there is brush piled up 18 inches high against my fences near the creek. I have taken a solemn vow never to grip about rain ever again.

Been pretty wet here the last couple of weeks--not as wet as this time last year tho, when 1/3 of my place was under more than 1 foot of flood water.

Grandpa":3fbkvxhl said:
My place in Texas got a little over 7 inches over the past week or so, while places around us got next to nothing. Almost 6 inches came in 4 hours one night, my back yard was a foot under water, and there is brush piled up 18 inches high against my fences near the creek. I have taken a solemn vow never to grip about rain ever again.

Dang! So close to here!

Latest posts