Itailian Burgers

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Got bored one night and I came up with this burger. Now we serve it over spaghetti.

2lbs. ground beef
2 pkgs of dry Itailian salad dressing
1c. dry bread crumbs
1 egg
Mozzarella cheese

Mix together the beef, dressing, bread crumbs and egg. Mix it well.
Make into 8 large meatballs.
Take either wax paper or suran wrap and place it on a plate. Take one ball of the meat mix
and flatten it out. Do that with all of them.
Lay a slice of cheese on top of 4 of the patties.
Place the other 4 patties on top of the first and press the edges together well.

In a large skillet pour in about 2T. olive oil. Heat up and add 2 cloves of fresh minced garlic. Saute the garlic for just a few minutes. Add the burgers. Cover and cook until nice and brown on one side. Turn over and continue cooking until it reaches desired doneness. Some cheese may ooze out, don't worry that does happen.
Now you can eat them just like a regular burger or just when you are about to turn them add some spaghetti sauce and continue cooking them covered. Serve over noodles this way.

I'll be trying this one. Why do you add the bread though? Won't that make it meatloafy and take away some of the beef taste? Just wondering.

Jogeephus":3qhkm32m said:
I'll be trying this one. Why do you add the bread though? Won't that make it meatloafy and take away some of the beef taste? Just wondering.

Meatloaf? Man... you haven't ever had my meatloaf. I'm out of the haypatch now, so I'll be posting some stuff tonight!

It just gets it to hold together better. I've tried it without and the patties fell apart.

I make my own tomato sauce for this.

In a sauce pan add 2T olive oil and 1 clove of fresh minced garlic. Saute for a couple of minutes.
Add 1 can of diced tomatos (undrained) and 1 can tomato sauce. Stir together completely. Add 1t. basil, fresh is best but you can use dried; 1/2 t. oregano, 1/2t. salt, 1/4t. pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add 1 can of tomato paste.
If too acidy for you add a little sugar to cut it.

I luv herfrds":1hjwa5ox said:
It just gets it to hold together better. I've tried it without and the patties fell apart.

The reason most people have patties that fall apart is they handle them too much. Your patties should be cooked good on the bottom side before you touch it or flip it.

When cooking on the grill, look for the sides to start getting done before flipping. Also, never mash down on the burger while cooking. Mashing on the burger also makes them break.