It just ain't right

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
An eleven year old Arkansas football player is so good, if his team is 14 points ahead he is benched, that sure teaches kids to suceed in life. :dunce:

cowboy43":2xqscyg7 said:
An eleven year old Arkansas football player is so good, if his team is 14 points ahead he is benched, that sure teaches kids to suceed in life. :dunce:
Kinda taking it to the extreme....but I had a coach that would never let us score more than 30 points in a football game.

ive been hearing about that as well.its a wonder some collage hasnt got him to sign with them early.

The home town has a population of 10,000 people. Not tiny but not enormous. I can't help but wonder what level he is actually competing at.

I remember seeing Robert Newhouse in HS back in the day. Seen him run 55 yards one night with 3 people hanging on to him the first 20 or 30 yards of that. He never was all that great at the pro level but sure did a lot of blocking for Dorsett.

TexasBred":10jynie5 said:
cowboy43":10jynie5 said:
Kinda taking it to the extreme....but I had a coach that would never let us score more than 30 points in a football game.
Um, so what happened if the other team was ahead 35-30? Or if you were ahead 30-7 at half time? Just punt? Neal on it?

Put in the 3rd string.

In basketball I would let my posts play point guard etc. Tried letting a group of 12 year old girls only shoot 3's once and the problem was too many of them were making the shots. Took of the press and the other coach told me to please go back to pressing. I was running the best press he'd faced all year and he'd like to teach the girls how to beat it. So we pressed but never shot on the break.

This kid is playing against other kids. The coach is not sacraficing the other team, other teams, or his team.

This kid has attained a lot of publicity. I like his priorities in life too. They need to take this little fish off the pond and put him on a lake so that he can compete at the next level. Do they have AAU football such that he could get in at the select level?

HS basketball was always a joke for my AAU players.

Kinda funny, but Romo was a hero the last two weeks, now this one he's a Putz. Cowboys better find a good QB cause Kitna or McGee ain't it. Romo is inconsistent and I believe he always will be, so he will never be a franchise quarterback. Jones really messed up when he didn't bid on Vick (boo's already heard). He!!, Jones has hired many a thug so why not?

On a lighter note; I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Isomade":16nbvrn9 said:
TexasBred":16nbvrn9 said:
cowboy43":16nbvrn9 said:
Um, so what happened if the other team was ahead 35-30? Or if you were ahead 30-7 at half time? Just punt? Neal on it?
Never happened Isom..We went undefeated that year until regionals and got our butt kicked good in that one. Didn't have to worry about the 30 point rule in thta one. lol Only gave up 42 points n first 11 games.

slick4591":2phhy9m3 said:
Kinda funny, but Romo was a hero the last two weeks, now this one he's a Putz. Cowboys better find a good QB cause Kitna or McGee ain't it. Romo is inconsistent and I believe he always will be, so he will never be a franchise quarterback. Jones really messed up when he didn't bid on Vick (boo's already heard). He!!, Jones has hired many a thug so why not?

I'd rather go winless than have Vick on the team.

TexasBred":91fo705l said:
slick4591":91fo705l said:

I'd rather go winless than have Vick on the team.

AMEN