IsoHeet

Help Support CattleToday:

certherfbeef

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you know if I can buy Golden Eagle's IsoHeet product in a 55 gallon drum?

OR, maybe you folks in colder temps have a better product to add to diesel to draw out the water and prevent gelling

certherfbeef ..Been using a lot of products from these guys...www.powerservice.com The 911 product is pricey but real good

We use the stuff from wlamart and probably available other places. There are 2 formulations. One is just a cetane rating type of deal the other in a grey bottle is a cetane increaser, gell preventer and water eliminator. I think it's called power service but I'm too lazy to go out the the shsop and look right now.

dun

Thanks guys. We've used 911 in the tractors before and it seemed to work real well.
Hubby ran across some stuff that claimed to pay the tow if your gelled. It was made in TX. I'll lean toward a cold weather additive that was made in Canada or Chicago before I'll trust a days wages on something from a warm climate.
Dun, you know the name of that stuff you use yet? I can't get to town today so no hurry.

certherfbeef":1o4hev1a said:
Dun, you know the name of that stuff you use yet? I can't get to town today so no hurry.

Power Service

dun

Dun is right. I use the stuff in the white bottle (Power Service)in my storage tank to prevent gelling. I also buy it at Wally World but it sure has gone up recently.

flaboy?":114fmgmf said:
Dun is right. I use the stuff in the white bottle (Power Service)in my storage tank to prevent gelling. I also buy it at Wally World but it sure has gone up recently.

Gelling in Florida???

flaboy?":1ah9alna said:
I use the stuff in the white bottle (Power Service)in my storage tank to prevent gelling. I also buy it at Wally World but it sure has gone up recently.

I use the stuff in the white bottle during the year and the silver bottle stuff in the winter.

dun

I've helped these problems by religiously draining water from the tanks and filters. Open up the lines and drain a gallon out of that fuel tank. Drain the filter. I haven't had any problems yet this winter and we've had some zero degree days.

I guess one is as good as the other but I like the Lucas brand.
I use their product for both fuel & engine oil additive.

fitz

certherfbeef":tqvoitj0 said:
Thanks guys. We've used 911 in the tractors before and it seemed to work real well.
Hubby ran across some stuff that claimed to pay the tow if your gelled. It was made in TX. I'll lean toward a cold weather additive that was made in Canada or Chicago before I'll trust a days wages on something from a warm climate..

Cert 911 is made In Texas..or maybe thats the product your hubby was talking about.

Latest posts