Isn't this a great look'n bunch of steers?

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king":r7yulyw2 said:
Man them are good looking. If I was in your place kathie I would be driving over there tomorrow. :nod:
If I had that much spare change in my pocket, Sim, I'd be driving! They are posted on a WA CL site, but I think they are actually in ID. A friend on CTB thinks I should bring the whole darn bunch home on a short-term loan, but I'm of the old school that says "don't count your chickens."

Naw, I just had something in my throat. Must have been from choking back what I would do if I was local to that area

Cabo":2h2kj8vo said:
What are the opinions on average weight? Am wondering what size that roll of hay is.
Rolled bales are sort of a rarity in the Pac NW, which is where these cattle are. I've messaged this guy, to ask him a few more questions.

Well if they are for steers, and from the picture look to be at least 600 pounds for most, then you would be paying 1.66 a pound. Sounds good to me, but of course I would be a day late and a dollar short. :(

sim.-ang.king":3oksoebe said:
Well if they are for steers, and from the picture look to be at least 600 pounds for most, then you would be paying 1.66 a pound. Sounds good to me, but of course I would be a day late and a dollar short. :(
Current market price here. I think they are probably heavier than 600. Now (drat, you guys!!!!), you're making me really think about this. http://www.toppenishlivestock.com/

Just a thought, but he must think they wouldn;t bring as much at the salebarn or he wouldn;t be selling them at that price.

Kathie in Thorp":212hbvat said:
dun":212hbvat said:
Just a thought, but he must think they wouldn;t bring as much at the salebarn or he wouldn;t be selling them at that price.
That's probably true, Dun. THEY AREN'T BLACK! And our local market looks at black.
But how big of a dock would a uniform bunch of non-black catttle get hit with?

dun":28vvaoyu said:
Kathie in Thorp":28vvaoyu said:
dun":28vvaoyu said:
That's probably true, Dun. THEY AREN'T BLACK! And our local market looks at black.
But how big of a dock would a uniform bunch of non-black catttle get hit with?
Honestly, I don't know, Dun. Some years ago, I'm told, there were a bunch of fine BW steers that came through the auction at Toppenish, and took top dollar. Since then, there haven't been a consistent supply of them -- very few, here and there.

tater74":1o0f7b5n said:
Fruitland is not too far from where I was raised in Nampa, but those steers aren't in Fruitland. It looks nothing like that.
It can in the winter, tater74 -- spent 25+ years in Boise area! But I don't know exactly where they're at; waiting to hear via a sent email about his post.

Latest posts