Is It Just Me?

Help Support CattleToday:

I have noticed it. Not sure why they are leaving. Nobody currently posting is a jerk. Nobody trolling us at the moment.

Not here, but many parts of the country are in full swing with good weather. I'd assume that everyone is just getting busy, or have moved on to Facebook.

I think the Moderators have made a difference in volume, if indeed volume is really down or just perceived to be down. There is less tolerance for posting political and religious content. I am not sure how objective and unbiased the moderators are but regardless, they have reined in some of the bad behavior and endless banter. I think the forum could be improved if Macon wanted it improved. My guess is, he has bigger fish to fry.

It seems there is less and less actual cattle discussion and I generally won't engage outside of that to be honest.

TennesseeTuxedo":216k0abw said:
M-5":216k0abw said:
Yep, people are leaving in droves or don't want to comment . Alot of good ones have left.

And yet back you came.
I think your wrong Bigfoot.

Bigfoot":216k0abw said:
I have noticed it. Not sure why they are leaving. Nobody currently posting is a jerk. Nobody trolling us at the moment.

Bright Raven":37bvifqy said:
I think the Moderators have made a difference in volume, if indeed volume is really down or just perceived to be down. There is less tolerance for posting political and religious content. I am not sure how objective and unbiased the moderators are but regardless, they have reined in some of the bad behavior and endless banter. I think the forum could be improved if Macon wanted it improved. My guess is, he has bigger fish to fry.

Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, but I enjoy hearing different points of view. Now it seems like a lot of repeating topics discussed several times in the past, at least in regards to cattle.

ChrisB":1i6f1rcn said:
Bright Raven":1i6f1rcn said:

Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, but I enjoy hearing different points of view. Now it seems like a lot of repeating topics discussed several times in the past, at least in regards to cattle.

I can tell ya what somebody is going post, before I even start reading their response.

ChrisB":2j75tc8x said:
Totally agree. Maybe it's just me, but the banter is what made the sight fun to read. I don't like when things get out of hand with personal attacks, ........

If you figure out how to keep it from getting out of hand, there is a Place In The White House for a man with your skills. Lol

ChrisB":sygpfpbc said:
Bright Raven":sygpfpbc said:

Ive heard about heated topics here, but I don't think I've ever witnessed one. I always hear about it after the dust settles, or perhaps I did read it and didn't consider it a big deal. I've been on several forums over the years, and it still amuses me that things can get out of hand in a cattle forum. The thought of debates over loose mineral vs blocks doesn't really bring out the beast in me.

By the shores of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
Stood the wigwam of Nokomis,
Daughter of the Moon, Nokomis.

M-5":31m360bu said:
TennesseeTuxedo":31m360bu said:
M-5":31m360bu said:
Yep, people are leaving in droves or don't want to comment . Alot of good ones have left.

And yet back you came.

Bigfoot":31m360bu said:

I was just reflecting on the big production you made when you left here and your vow to never return.

What happened?

TennesseeTuxedo":11k5dvru said:
M-5":11k5dvru said:
TennesseeTuxedo":11k5dvru said:
And yet back you came.

Bigfoot":11k5dvru said:

I was just reflecting on the big production you made when you left here and your vow to never return.

What happened?

You know the answer because
You trolled that post too.

I miss everyone regardless of their perspective. I can't deal with idiots face to face, but I enjoy reading about different opinions. M5 has a lot of knowledge about cows and life in general. Common sense is something you can't learn from a book.

True Grit Farms":1exxi2ka said:
I miss everyone regardless of their perspective. I can't deal with idiots face to face, but I enjoy reading about different opinions. M5 has a lot of knowledge about cows and life in general. Common sense is something you can't learn from a book.

How much does he pay you to patronize him?

Latest posts