inyati13

Reaction score
15rl0k6.jpg

2h7nqys.jpg

21m7rdc.jpg

2dvv2x1.jpg

ae1jpi.jpg

s6jblt.jpg

Wish I could collect all the one's I've lost. I'd be set for life. I don't collect knives but I enjoy buying them. I have more Case trappers, than my wife has shoes.

highgrit":7vxk6vxo said:
Wish I could collect all the one's I've lost. I'd be set for life. I don't collect knives but I enjoy buying them. I have more Case trappers, than my wife has shoes.

I collect Case XX. I have a few Trappers. I am concerned that my son will dispose of them for a tenth of their value when I return to the elements. Few people would be fair at assessing their value.

Cowgirl8, these are not for throwing. I handle them with gloves on as to not leave salt residue. Is that the same SIL who shoots with Bill Wilson?

This is a different son in law. He makes both, throwing and non. He's just starting out but has a lot of talent in making them. He brought over a case full he had just made to show off yesterday at our family get together.
He's very talented throwing, specializes in nonspin. First time i saw him throw i was like, "WTH, who knew."
BTW, daughter is shooting with Bill regularly and even out shot him a couple times in a shoot this last week. If i can find the score sheet i'll post it.

cowgirl8":2tbi1di7 said:
tater74":2tbi1di7 said:
And yet another "my Johnson is bigger than your Johnson" comment from cg8.
Wow, he was asking.....
He asked if anyone was a knife collector. Not do you know any body that makes knives. While the people in your world may be talented you don't hold the monopoly.

I have several knives that most would not consider collectable. I have a couple custom made and the rest are knives that people have carried. I kinda like to imagine the history of the knife. I have all of the pocket knives I've ever owned and carried except 1 my first a Barlow 2 blade. My current case trapped has been in my pocket for 12 years.

If he wants to see a budding knife artist art, i'm happy to find some pictures of them. Sorry if that makes me a bragger...

Not sure if I collect knives. It's more like I own knives. Most of them get used sooner or later. I do have a couple of purty ones that I may post a picture of.

highgrit":3hzoukp8 said:
Same here--lost one just yesterday, but it was just my everyday pocketknife, which I'll replace with another cheap Case clone.

My husband collects knives. I have asked him many times what is going to happen to them. I am afraid my daughter and son-in-law will not realize the value. I know he has way more knives than I have shoes. I have more shoes than need!
I try not to say much,as he does enjoy collecting them.

I only have 3 or 4. None of any real value....carry one small "Old Timer" lock blade I've had for ages it seems. It's the one I always carry in my pocket.

Have several of them. Got the itch from my grandfather. I do have several of his, and one that he used to cut his brothers lips in two.

Friend makes knives and has made several for me. He uses old files, saw blades, and anything else just laying around. He made one for me out of a railroad spike that is pretty neat.

Don't have any as nice as yours inyati.

I only have one knife. As I've shared before, I lost my possessions in a tornado. I have since come to the conclusion that we all have too much. I used to collect a few things: knives, guns, Native American artifacts, toy tractors. I now just have one knife, the one use everyday.

Oddly, of everything I lost, I miss a knife the most. I was about 4 years old, not much over that if any. I was spending the day with my grandfather. I was standing behind him, as he hand milked a cow. He was sitting on an old milking stool. I can still see the whole scene to this day. The cow kept flopping her tail, hitting him in the side of the head. When he stood up, and turned around he reached in his pocket, and got out an old wooden handeled Barlow knife, and handed it to me to go cut a hay string for him. When I returned, he told me to stick the knife in my pocket, and that I could have it. I carried it for many years, and when I got old enough to understand the significance of the knife, I put it away for safe keeping. Apparently, a safety deposit box is the best place for your family heirlooms, and not a display case.

Ok here goes. I'll start with the fancy expensive ones first

Custom or hand made knives. Left to right a caping knife by Arno Bernard of South Africa with warthog scales, skinning knife Bob Dozier, Skinner Dwight Towel, and a skinning knife given to me by a friend from Alaska native made, handle is caribou I think.

Buck Collection
L to R presentation grade folder with Sterling Silver engraved scales, two straight up buck folders, a set of bird knife and skinner, and a David Yellowhorse presentation knife that was a gift from my wife close to 30 years ago.

Puma Collection/My favorite. Top to bottom White Hunter(very old) Trail Guide, Hunters Friend, and a Very old Puma Fishing Knife, it is also a functional scale if used correctly. I believe the heavy knob also qualifies it as a "priest". The first two were scrimshawed years ago for me as a gift from a friend. I am going to try to get the Hunters friend done to so that I can leave one to each of my sons.

...and last but not least the working knives. These bad boys do most of the hard work. L to R Boker Skinner, Western folder with saw, Piranta (with changeable surgical blades), Outdoor edge combo with gut hook, and Kershaw folding all purpose hunter.

Latest posts