Introduction

Help Support CattleToday:

Talltinter

Reaction score
I found this board a few months ago when my wife and I purchased 60 acres in Bertram Texas. Been our life's dream to own property and raise our own beef.

By trade I am a window tinter, been doing this for 20 years. Our goal is to slowly train my oldest son to take over the business allowing me to work on the property.

Just wanted to say hi and expect alot of questions from me.

Welcome Talltinter...
I keep on learning every time I read the boards, alot of helpfull folks always willing to share what works for them...don't always agree buy definately will let you know what they think.
Probably someone close to you...a mentor can go along way in saving you some trouble down the road. Just my two bits worth. Sue & Dave Mc

The section we bought was part of a 300 acre ranch. The rancher across the way from us has been leasing the property for over 20 years. He has Beefmasters and is doing quite well with them. The bull is 17 and there are quite a few happy ladies. One had a calf three weeks ago. There are 30 in all that run the property.

From what I have been learning from them, they make great mothers. They are very protective.

This weekend will be me cutting my driveway, 1400'. Construction of the house should be starting by the first of the month.

Next project is fencing in the house before construction. Don't think it would be a great idea scooping poo from the floors in the new house.

I think I need to learn more before I take on cows

Welcome!!! I've only been a member for a few days and have already learned so much, from tractor repair to making cheap, almost in destructable mineral feeders.
Where I live we don't say "Good Luck", but "God Bless and to Him Be The Glory".Bud in LA :D

Latest posts